“Great New Year's Eve Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lower Water
Transit: Scotia Square and Waterfront transit stops are within walking distance.
Description: Baton Rouge Halifax is located in the heart of Historic Downtown Halifax.Specializing in fall-off-the-bone Back Ribs,Reserve AAA steaks and daily fresh local seafood.Immerse yourself in a combination of rich history and delicious food, tied together by maritime hospitality that is second to none and remembered by all
Halifax, Canada
“Great New Year's Eve Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Went with a group of friends to dinner on New Year's Eve and had a great time! When we arrived, our table was ready and we were sat quickly. Our server was very friendly and knowledgable. They had a special menu on that night and there was something for everyone at our table. We had the spinach dip to start with...wow! We all ordered something different and were all pleased...although I would say that the ribs were the best I've ever had! All in all, a great night with great friends, great service and great food. Would definately recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rebekah M, Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi Sarah,
Happy to hear you had an awesome New Year's Eve with us! It was definitely a fun night.Thank you for sharing your experience. Come back and see us soon.
Cheers,

Halifax, Canada
“VERY DISAPPOINTED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We had our Christmas party here last weekend and I was very disappointed and so glad I was not paying for it myself.... the Caesar salad was the poorest excuse I've had for a salad I had four croutons, a few pieces of parmesan cheese and some dressing with no taste made of oil.....my steak which I ordered well done was red inside and the veggies were so hard I had wondered if they were cooked at all??? And then after all this disappointment I thought the decadent walnut brownie was going to save it all but again this was, I am sure a vachon cake that the wrapper was taken off of and served with a little bit of ice cream not even a drizzle of chocolate to be found and you call this decadent?????

Atmosphere was good if that counts.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rebekah M, Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Vikki,
Thank you for taking the time to share your less than perfect experience with us. I wonder if you would be so kind as to contact me at the restaurant. I would like to investigate how we fell short and make it right.I look forward to hearing from you.
Yarmouth, Canada
“Pork chops and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We dined there Dec 11 2013 . I ordered the pork chops and ordered it well done when it arrived and I cut it was raw inside with blood dripping out of it. I was really hungry so I at the mashed potatoes. The waitress never cam back to check on our table there for I could not say anything. the Person bussing the table came and took our plates still no waitress. when we got the bill I told her about it she told me I should have told her there was a problem but I could not have done this as she never returned to the table. I was billed full price .
Also ladies bussing tables should not be wearing mini skirts shorter then their shirts . They got lots of looks and comments not sure it was positive thing if families were dining .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rebekah M, Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Hello Jennifer,
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your experience with us at Baton Rouge. Please contact me at info@batonrougehalifax. It's important to us as a team to improve and I would be grateful to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Baton Rouge.
Wolfville, Canada
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

On a recent visit here, my wife and I decided to eat lightly. She had a salad, which she said was not very tasty and kind of uninteresting. For my part, I decided to have two appetizers: potato soup and calamari. The soup was somewhat glutinous and, I thought, had little flavor. The calamari was inedible - rubbery and greasy, with a too-heavy coating of batter. With one glass of wine each, this set us back $80.00. Not a happy experience.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rebekah M, General Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Terry,
I appreciate you taking the time to share you recent experience with us. I'm so sorry that you didn't enjoy your evening with us. I would like to investiagate exactly how we fell short, and would be grateful if you could contact me at info@batonrougehaliafax.ca. Without customer feedback we can not hope to succeed.
Shediac, Canada
“Excellent ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went to Baton Rouge in Halifax for lunch today. Our meal started off with a great soup, then we had the best ribs we've ever had in a restaurant. They were fall off the bone with an excellent BBQ sauce. This was served with French fries, which were also excellent. The service was very good, our waiter was very attentive to detail. It was well worth the drive from Shediac, NB for this meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rebekah M, General Manager at Baton Rouge, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are luck to have great staff. Mike is a real gem! It makes our day when we get a great review like yours. Hope to see you back soon.
Thanks,