“Awesome stay in comfort!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake

You added Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake to your Saves list
Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   88 Chain Lake Drive, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3S 1A2, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
Mississauga, Canada
“Awesome stay in comfort!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The hotel is only two years old and the decor is updated and modern, the atmosphere is very pleasing. Excellent, friendly customer service by front desk clerk Josee. I had booked a standard room but Josee took the time to show me a deluxe room with jacuzzi and I took that room instead. The room was beautiful, clean, and very comfortable! The shower was huge with beautiful wall-to-wall glass doors. Complimentary drinks and a discount at the Canadiana Restaurant were included. The food at the Canadiana was great! Used the microwave in the room to heat up leftover pizza from the Canadiana...all the conviences of home!The hot and cold breakfast served in the dining room at the hotel was delicious! I would highly recommend the Comfort Hotel!

Room Tip: Enjoy the rooms with the jacuzzi...just beautiful!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Throughout the last year I have stayed at the Comfort Hotel in Bayer's Lake twice, once as the director of a group of music students from my school and second with my husband for a leisure trip.

During the group trip, students and chaperones commented on a good nights sleep in a fashionable room, a yummy hot breakfast buffet as well as the convenience of a mini-fridge and microwave in each room. The free movie rentals were popular among the students and gave them something to do between music performances and outings.

Last month, when my husband and I stayed there, we enjoyed the quietness of the hotel at night - even with wedding receptions taking place downstairs, Our room was clean and we liked having the mini-fridge in our room to store snacks and drinks. For people/families traveling on a budget, room rates are affordable, free parking and free hot continental breakfasts are additional advantages to booking a room with Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake. We also received a free drink ticket and a discount on our meal at the adjoining restaurant (which was delicious and well priced!) The staff were very friendly, helpful and shared their knowledge of things to do/see in Bayer's Lake.

We are returning yet again - this time with our own kids! They can't wait to check out the pool!
Sara

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Our first time at this hotel but for sure it won't be the last! The hotel amenities are wonderful - coffee in our room, microwave, fridge in our room! Complimentary breakfast - hot and cold - in the diningroom the following morning. Who could ask for more? For all those who like it, the pool looks very inviting as well! Even the Manager came and spoke to us in the diningroom (as well as she did everyone else)to inquiry as to how we liked the hotel. That does not happen very often! The desk staff were just as friendly and made us feel really at home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
New Glasgow, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked one nights stay during the March break, and I booked here due to the #1 ranking on tripadvisor. I am very pleased to say the hotel was exactly as described - great customer service, great location, clean rooms and excellent free breakfast! Jessica the front desk clerk merits special mention as she is certainly the most friendly and welcoming clerk I have ever met! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Point Edward
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My son & I just stayed for the 4th time at the Comfort Hotel in Bayer's Lake as for me it's a no-brainer. The location is perfect, the hotel is clean, the complimentary breakfast has lots of variety, the restaurant has a great menu & very reasonably priced - just to name a few of the pluses. But for me, it is the staff that makes our stay each & every visit! When I arrived safely the hotel, I was greeted with a "welcome back Mrs. Hill" which surprised me as we hadn't been there in almost 4 months. When we entered our room, there was a handwritten note and a plate of cookies from Josie welcoming us back. Also, there is a very special gal on the front desk that came to give me a hug when I found out my dad was in the hospital & I had to leave the city a day early. Makes you feel like you matter. All in all, I would never consider staying anywhere but the Comfort Hotel when visiting Halifax!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Swift Current, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff were extra friendly, lovely with the children too. The breakfast was very substantial and good. We felt very much at home and welcomed. Thank you to all the staff for going above and beyond. Very clean, great room, great value for money, would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I recently planned a 3 day meeting at this hotel requiring 63 rooms, meeting rooms and meals. The hotel and restaurant staff were very accommodating and provided excellent service. The rooms were very nice and the food was great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Hotel Bayer's Lake? Share your experiences!