“Enjoyed our stay at Lord Nelson” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites

You added The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1515 South Park Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 2L2, Canada (Downtown Halifax)   |
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
Canada
“Enjoyed our stay at Lord Nelson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights and had a great stay. Our room was on the 9th floor and very clean and spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful. The location is great as all the restaurants, stores, coffee shops, etc are just around the corner. It's also close to downtown. The elevators are small and there's a fee for parking. Everything else was good. I would return for a visit here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Cape Breton Island, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

My boyfriend and I were passing through Halifax while moving me to Cape Breton, and we stayed at the Lord Nelson for one night. It was a bit expensive ($183 incl tax for the room, parking and breakfast), but it's a local business and is in a good location, so we thought we'd splurge after camping. The room was a bit small after experiencing the bigger hotel chains, but it was all we needed. The place was clean, with Aveda products in the bathroom. There was no fridge in the room, so we hunted down an ice machine to chill the wine we had picked up in New Brunswick.

I'd heard that there are some noise issues from various reviews, so I requested a quieter room. We were assigned a room on the top floor (9th) facing the street and public gardens - there was some traffic noise, but nothing bothersome. They don't appear to have AC in the lobby or hallways, so it was a bit sticky given the heat wave at the time, but the units in the rooms were quite effective and drowned out any residual street noise.

Downtown was a 7-minute walk downhill, with most major banks and some useful stores along the way - Running Room, Shopper's Drug Mart, Subway, McDonald's, Booster Juice, an Aveda salon and some pubs/clothing shops. Citadel Hill is just around the corner, on the other side of the public gardens.

The continental breakfast was standard fare, if a little fancier - various-grained baguettes, fresh-cut fruits, individual jam jars (from California for some reason), deli ham, a variety of cheeses including some I'd never heard of, cereals and yogurts. Underground parking was spacious and easily accessible. The staff was friendly and courteous. I'd come back, when I have a steadier job!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2009

I had to write in and tell you about an amazing hotel I experienced last month in Halifax . I went to school in Halifax years ago and remembered staying at the Lord Nelson back then. Wow what a change . The whole hotel has been transformed and it is in such a great location. Paul McCartney had just stayed in their presidential suite so the buzz was still in the air. I just had to write in because I usually stay at a chain hotel that I find on line and because of points but had never thought of staying at the Lord Nelson. I am really glad I did. It reminds me of The Royal York in Toronto.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

My family stayed for 2 nights at the Lord Nelson and enjoyed our stay immensely. We could walk to all the major attractions and were given excellent advice by the staff for restaurants. The beds were so comfortable and the room beautifully appointed. My children loved seeing the stylish mezzanine and loved people-watching down below in the elegant lobby.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
kayakattack
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2009

i checked in for a weekend away. The front desk agents were awesome. Its a hip crowd and the upgraded design is so fantastic!! the rooms are fresh and comfortable and the cleanliness was amazing. Recommend it to anyone !

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2009

This hotel was centrally located...Close to the shops along Spring Garden Road, the Public Gardens, the famous "Pizza Corner", the Citadel, Dalhousie University. It's a bit of a walk to the waterfront but still feasible. I stayed in a room on the top floor and made use of the free wireless internet. My stay also included complimentary breakfast buffet, which is located on the mezannine level. The breakfast offered a wide assortment of baked goods, fresh fruit, toasts/bagels, cheese plate and endless supply ofjuice/coffee/tea. (I believe the breakfast normally costs $12). I also dined in the Victory Arms pub one evening and the food was pretty good. The gym is tiny. You're better off going to the YMCA, which is located next door. I have a YMCA membership anyway but I think guests can ask for passes at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Mississauga,ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

Went for a weekend wedding and needed something near the venue. What a great location!!!!! My spouse and I were able to walk to all the tourist attractions. We walk at a reasonable pace and it only took us about 10-15 minutes max to reach the harbourfront. Strolling along the harbourfront is really nice and ,without getting tired, we strolled from Pier 21 down to the Casino stopping along the way at all the various historical points of interest (my hubbie likes to read any plaque that's around). No worries either about choice of restaurants & coffee shops- all again literally around the corner from the hotel.
Room was on the small side (who stays in their rooms on vacation anyway?), clean, and the staff were friendly & helpful.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!