I stayed four nights in June. I attended a conference on site and added a couple of days for sightseeing. The location in Halifax is excellent for walking, shopping, visiting the waterfront, etc. The hotel is so clean it gleams. Lots of staff were on site each day and they were all pleasant and courteous. The special events I attended were well done and the food was good.
My room was very clean and comfortable. I was on a higher floor, so noise from street level did not bother me.
I had only two minor complaints. Some of the incidental furniture in my room was worn out. If the dresser, etc., were replaced, it would improve the first impression of the room. The bed was fine. The bathroom was new and spotlessly clean.
My second complaint was with the hotel pub. I only went in once, for breakfast, but they were short-staffed for some reason and I ended up leaving before being served because I was on a schedule. They should ensure they have adequate staff in the pub at all hours when they are hosting large conferences.
I would definitely return to the Lord Nelson and would recommend it to other travellers. It is a unique property in an excellent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in October 1928, the Lord Nelson Hotel is a legendary landmark in downtown Halifax located at the corner of Spring Garden Road and South Park Street across from the beautiful Public Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lord Nelson Hotel Halifax
- The Lord Nelson Hotel And Suites
- Lord Nelson Halifax
- The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites Halifax, Nova Scotia