We stayed here for our honeymoon with the Romance & the City Package which we felt was a great deal. For $175 a night you get a studio suite , $75 gift certificate for Onyx or Gio restaurants and a bottle of wine. As we were there for our honeymoon they upgraded us to a large 2 room suite with a fireplace. We had cream puffs and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in our room which was a very nice surprise.
The service at this hotel is EXCELLENT and I would say the best in Halifax ( i think i have stayed at almost every hotel). Also the location of this hotel is great right of Spring Garden road with easy access to some great shopping , restaurants and pubs. The hotel rooms are average, the bathroom very small, but an AMAZING bed and linens. This is an old hotel and has character) Also the lobby is very impressive. We had room service which was a pleasant surprise and the breakfast in the pur area which has fresh fruits and a large variety of breads & cereals.
I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Originally built in October 1928, the Lord Nelson Hotel is a legendary landmark in downtown Halifax located at the corner of Spring Garden Road and South Park Street across from the beautiful Public Gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelClick, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lord Nelson Hotel Halifax
- The Lord Nelson Hotel And Suites
- Lord Nelson Halifax
- The Lord Nelson Hotel & Suites Halifax, Nova Scotia