“Radisson Hotel team goes above and beyond” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax

Save Saved
You added Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax to your Saves list
Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1649 Hollis Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1V8, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Halifax
Halifax, Canada
“Radisson Hotel team goes above and beyond”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

It has been several years since we stayed at this hotel and it has been renovated since that time.
The check in was great and we were given a room with a spectacular view and in a quiet area of the hotel as per street noise by Jessica. I had mentioned that my daughter had just turned 18 and much to our surprise, a complimentary gift basket was given to my daughter with a wonderful hand written card which she will keep. She and her friend were very impressed with the helpful and personable treatment by Jessica and the Front Desk staff at this hotel throughout our whole stay. The only small glitch was an error on the initial charge which was rectified and I would have been pleased if it had not been as it was in our favor as per our points status!
The renovations are very good, the pool and fitness areas much improved. The rooms, suites really are spacious and comfortable and an excellent comparable value.
I expect we will return as there is a great deal to be said for staying at the Radisson Hotel, Halifax! NS

Room Tip: I would suggest asking for a room on an upper floor facing the Halifax Harbor, though the other suit...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Jamie B, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Good morning Jane22013,

I would like to thank you for your recent visit and great review. I hope your daughter had a great birthday and I am glad to hear our team, particularly Jessica, jumped to action in recognition of her special day. I will be sure to share your praise with her.

Thank you again and all the best in 2014.

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Port Hawkesbury, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I love the look of this hotel, the interior is modern, comfortable and perfectly decorated. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and modern as well. When we arrived we were greeted by a the valet who was very friendly. He offered to park our car, for the extra fee however, we opted out. (I also feel the extra fee for parking, should be included in the price of your room).

I was disappointed in a number of ways with this hotel, but on the eve of my stay, I was simply too tired to voice my concerns or deal with the issues at hand. First, at check in we were greeted by a young girl who, for the quality of this hotel, was not appropriately dressed. Her hair was messy and her blazer was much too large for her; she simply looked unprofessional.

Once we arrived in our room, I was delighted with the view. When inspecting the bathroom however.. I found a rag that the maid must have dropped when cleaning, this rag was so dirty and full of cleaning products that it was completely stiff. The maid also seemed to not notice the fact that the shampoo she put back on the counter was 1/2 empty. Needless to say, I didn't use ANY of the products provided to us as I was unsure of which ones were used by previous guests and which were not.

Aside from these issues, I still enjoyed my stay here and will likely return to give this place a second chance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Good morning Krista L, and thank your for your visit and review.

I am glad to hear that you loved the hotel and apologize for problems you encountered. All of our associates are to be in full uniform at all times and although we do have a few new staff members awaiting proper uniforms, staff should always be professional and presentable when they they are, what we call 'on stage' and in front of the guest. In follow up to the dirty rag and bathroom amenities, I can assure you that this was a service oversight. I will be following up with our housekeeping department to ensure this 'attention to detail' is not missed in the future.

I appreciate your visit and comments and I look forward to seeing you again.

Have a Happy New Year!

Halifax, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Many aspects of the hotel were fine. Spacious room, modern lobby. Etcetera.

However, the friendly staff botched a very simple request for a quiet room. As such, the traffic on Hollis was a constant companion. A low floor facing a busy street is not a great combination.

Seemed like junior member of the team on the desk, as another staff member in street clothes also tried to help her with the reservation. Finding a quiet room perhaps got lost in the confusion over getting the correct corporate rate. Front desk was very insistent on having that sorted out correctly...

All other amenities are not real relevant when you can't sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jamie B, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Good morning seemac70,

I trust and hope you had a great Christmas! Thank you for your visit and review. It is great to hear that you were pleased with many aspects of the hotel; however, I am disappointed to hear that we failed you in your request for a quiet room. This request certainly sounds reasonable, so I do apologize. Please feel free in reaching out to me as I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your visit further.

Have a fabulous weekend!

jamie.bolduc@radissonhalifax.com
902 429 4371 direct
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Hello Radisson Halifax Team!
We were scheduled to check-in at your Halifax property on Saturday December 21st. In addition, we were also confirmed for a dinner theatre event at the Halifax Feast Company as a package deal with your hotel. Unfortunately we got our dates mixed up and arrived for check-in the following day on Sunday December 22nd.

Jessica, who checked us in was very helpful and sympathetic to our cause! She made it her mission to get us confirmed at the dinner theatre at Halifax Feast Company. However, it was sold out; she also contacted her supervisor (off-duty) to obtain further recommendations. The supervisor suggested the Grafton Dinner theatre and we were subsequently reserved. All of this happened in the span of 45 minutes - tops!

As it was our error, we were all too willing (in our minds) to pay whatever was necessary! Jessica informed us that she was not sure what the financial adjustment would be for the absentee dinner theatre but would let us know very soon.

Prior to leaving for our dinner theatre, we decided to have a drink in the lobby bar at approx. 5:30 p.m. We chatted with the bartender and told him that it was my 50th birthday celebration!. I received a complimentary shooter. We then left at approx. 6:00 p.m. for the dinner theatre.

When we arrived back to our hotel room after the show; we were greeted by a birthday card from Jessica and a personal size bottle of red wine.

How amazing....the hotel really went out of its way to help us; we were very happy! It was so very special...that plus amazing facilities and décor! Perfect.

This was our second time there...and there will be many more visits (p.s...we live in Dartmouth!)

Diane

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Good afternoon Diane S,

First off, Happy Belated Birthday!

I would like to thank you for your visit and great review. We understand and appreciate that mistakes happen and I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations in handling the mix up. I hope and trust you enjoyed your birthday dinner at the dinner theatre. I will be sure to pass along your praise to Jessica.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Happy New Year and all the best in 2014!

Trenton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

This hotel is the best in the city in every way. The rooms are immaculate, service is friendly, and the decor is breath taking. Location is wonderful also as it is near so much. I will definitely be returning for a R and R visit.A first class hotel from arrival to departure.

Room Tip: 5th floor over looking the city and the water. It was very quiet and the view was amazing with huge...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Jamie B, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Good morning to you roakley!

Thank you for your visit and review. We appreciate your comparison and praise. You are welcome back any time and we look forward to having you.

Have a fabulous day!

Elmsdale, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I just stayed at the best hotel ever!!! The Radisson in Halifax offers you a stay to remember. The modern decor is amazing but it's the staff and service that go above and beyond to make your stay complete. From the valet s warm greeting to the friendly staff at the desk, especially Jessica who cheerfully made sure our every need was met. The rooms were absolutely beautiful with a great view of the harbour. They were spotless and well equipped with the finest of furnishings. My only disappointment was that I couldn't stay longer. The service at this hotel is a great example of maritime hospitality.

Room Tip: Waterfront view was amazing. The suites are roomy and we'll equipped
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jamie B, General Manager at Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you Charlene M for your visit and review. I am appreciative of your comments and your rating. I will be sure to share your comments with Jessica and the team. We look forward to showing you more Maritime Hospitality the next time you are in Halifax.

Have a great weekend!

Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Wonderful renovated property in the heart of Halifax. Staff are very attentive, spacious rooms are well appointed. Highly recommend for Business or pleasure. On site bar and restaurant are top of the line.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Good morning ggordon25,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. We appreciate your business and comments and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Have a fabulous weekend!

Jamie

Been to Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax? Share your experiences!