“Great hotel, great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton

You added The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton to your Saves list
The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1649 Hollis Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1V8, Canada (Formerly Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Harpenden, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I can honestly say that all of the other positive reviews here are totally accurate. We had a great stay for 5 days there. The room we had on the 9th floor with harbour views was excellent, a really large suite with great views. Add to that the friendliness and helpfulness of all the staff and it made for a great stay. I would not want to single out a particular member of staff for praise as they we are great. Would make this my first choice if back in Halifax. Also enjoyed breakfast in Ryan Duffy's restaurant in the Hotel, as well as a dinner and a couple of happy hour drinks there. Again friendly, welcoming staff.

Room Tip: High floor with harbour view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Greetings AdrianH857,

Thank you for your extended visit and the time you took to complete your review! We certainly appreciate all the reviews we receive. We believe we have something special her at the Radisson Suite Halifax and I am glad you got to experience some of that.

Have a great day and we look forward to your next visit.

Jamie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had booked 3 nights at the hotel that I had booked due to a great corporate rate. The first night I booked because I was arriving quite early in the a.m and it was the only way I could guarantee a bed so I wouldn't have to wait till usual check in time. Due to a missed connection I arrived late and thought I would have to pay for the airlines mistake. The manager let me know right away that they would cut me a break and not make me pay for the first night that I missed. The room was spacious with a terrific view of the harbour. The bed was super comfy, the room was very clean and quiet. The shower has a huge shower head that was marvellous. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. The hotel is ideally located a stones throw from the harbour and only a few blocks away from great shopping on spring garden road. If I come back to Halifax I am staying here without hesitation

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Good afternoon damiro,

It is great to hear from you. Thank you for your visit and wonderful review. I am pleased to hear that we have left a positive impression upon you. We undertstand that things can happen outside of your control while travelling, so it was our pleasure to help you with that small detail. I do hope your trip home was a better one. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Halifax!

Cheers,

Stratford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Had heard that they had renos, was pleasantly surprised to see that every little detail was redone within the rooms, hallways, lobby etc, not just the usual splash of paint and maybe new TVs. Suites had ample room for my 2 adults, 3 kids. Two large flat screen TVs so kids could be put to bed in one room with separate room w door. Close proximity to the boardwalk, MEC, restaurants aplenty and attractions. Pool was an added bonus. Staff at desk were very friendly and accommodating and welcoming.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hi there mm2matthews,

Thank you for your visit and review. I am glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with our renovation. Thank you for your praise and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers,

Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I had never stayed @ a Radisson before & only chose it because of the guarantee of a fridge in every room. Well, it was a very pleasant surprise. It was absolutely spotless. All staff were extremely helpful & friendly. I left a note for housekeeping the first night, asking for all regular coffee (no decaf) & an extra box of kleenex, & staffer, Brenda, obliged for the rest of my stay. On my second night, I bought a bottle of wine & just used a water glass but the next day, she left me a wine glass. The rain shower head is awesome!!! Didn't want to get out! My only complaint (which I didn't address w/ staff) was the temperature in the room - the thermastat said 15 (60 f) but it was very warm. I turned the fan on low when I went to bed & that made it more pleasant.

Room Tip: The bathrooms differ from room to room - some have a regular tub w/ a shower, others have a large sh...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Good morning tleemacd,

Thank you for your first vist with Radisson and I am glad to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you also for recogizing Brenda, as she is valued employee. 'Attention to detail' is big for us and I am glad, but not surprised, that the staff went the extra step to make your staff more enjoyable. If you would be so kind as to let me know what room you were in so I can get the heating and A/C unit looked at it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to get that fixed for the next guest, if it hasn't been already. Thank you also for the tip on our bathroom set up, as we do offer rooms with either a stand up shower and/or tub shower - both of whicg feature the' rainforest' shower experience.

Best regards and thank you again,

jamie.bolduc@radissonhalifax.com
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were steered here by the Visitor Center in the waterfront. Not only did we get a great deal, but everything about the hotel was excellent. My girlfriend won't stop gushing about the bathroom in our room.
Front desk staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
Good morning cscho,

I hope you had a great weekend! I would like to thank you for you visit and review. I am glad to hear that you felt everything about the hotel was excellent. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.

Regards,

Toronto, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

The recent renovation is simply FABULOUS. The rooms are HUGE (separate sitting room with desk, bedroom with sitting area, bathroom AND kitchenette) and incredibly comfortable. Staff are top notch, from the concierge who greeted me, to the front desk staff, to the smiling maintenance workers and cleaning staff I met in the hallway. Excellent all around. I've also never had a more comfortable night's sleep in a hotel.
The only reason this doesn't get 5 stars is for my experience as a business traveler. Our company had a meeting room booked all day and the lunch offered through the hotel left a LOT to be desired. In addition, many plates put out were OBVIOUSLY dirty and had to be set aside, while whole sets of cutlery were missing (try eating without a fork...)
All that said, I heartily recommend the hotel to any traveler and encourage the team to bring the meeting room services up to the same standard as the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Jamie B, General Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you Rachel S for your visit and review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please, however allow me apologize for your catering F & B experience, as this is certainly not the norm and what we strive for. I have been in contact with our catering provider and they apologize also. We appreciate the feedback, as it will allow us to make things better for future guests and events.

Have a fabulous weekend and thanks again,

Stratford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I'm new to Halifax and on a previous visit my daughter and I noticed an outside patio restaurant associated with a hotel. I booked a night at the Radisson thru Bookings.com and found I'd made a happy mistake. Beautiful lobby to an bright ,modern Hotel. The room was a suite with a kitchenette and living room. The bedroom was massive with 2 queen beds. I found the bed a little uncomfortable. That was my only negative. The large washroom had an entrance thru the bedroom and was also accessable thru another door from the common area. Check out the hotel bar for Happy Hour. They didn't have the patio that I thought I was getting but I got over it after my second Vodka& soda. My coffee maker didn't start up in the morning and housekeeping staff called down to maintainance. 5 minutes later , a gentleman came in and discovered a breaker switch off in the panel. And I had my coffee.

Room Tip: there are rooms that have a view of the Halifax Harbour for a bit more $
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi Brigit_12,

We are grateful for your 'happy mistake' and I would like to thank you for giving us a try. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit and I am especially pleased we handled the coffee maker issue quickly. In agreement "Happy Hour" is a great way for guests to wind down from the day and I am glad you had the opportunity to take advantage of that.

All the best and have a great weekend!

Jamie

Been to The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton? Share your experiences!