You added The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton to your Saves list
The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1649 Hollis Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1V8, Canada (Formerly Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Point Du Chene
“DIRTY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have stayed here several times and really enjoyed it. This last time was awful. It was so dirty. The toilet wasn't washed before we stayed (there were poop stained inside) the couch had sticky white gooey stuff on the pillows, there was a horrible stink. We complained, the manager told us that because there was going to be renevations starting soon, they weren't going out of their way to make it super clean. So disgusted! I will never stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Erin P, Front Office Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Hello ProudCanadian09
Thank you for sharing your review with us.
As you mentioned we are undergoing renovations that will see all areas of the hotel receive a fresh face. During this process,as always, the cleanliness of our hotel and the comfort of our guests are our top priorities. We have a great team here at the Radisson Suite Hotel Halifax who take great pride in their work. We pride ourselves on our high service standards when it comes to the cleanliness of our hotel, I am sorry to hear you feel you have experienced otherwise.
If you would like to discuss your concerns further I welcome you to contact me directly at the hotel at 902-494-7424.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My son and I went on a business trip with my husband in early September. The Radisson Suites was perfect! The bedroom was a seperate room, it had sleep number beds, and there was plenty of room to set up a corner for my son to play with his toys.

Having the seperate room made it easier to put my son to bed at his regular time, and not either force him to stay up with us, or for us to go to bed when he did.

The Radisson Suites was right around the corner from many wonderful restaurants, and was within walking distance of many interesting sites.

If you are planning a trip to Halifax, this hotel is a great place to stop and rest between sightseeing adventures.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner harbor view room, your room will have more windows and the view is spectacular.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Erin P, Front Office Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Hello, too-tse-79!

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with us and other travellers!
I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our spacious suites! Having the separate bedroom and living room space certainly does make things easier when travelling with children.
I am happy to hear our great location made it easy for you and your family to enjoy Halifax's many attractions and restaurants!

We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Halifax!
Oxford, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel is clean, staff friendly, location central to waterfront and downtown. Suite style rooms give plenty of space for family. I am never sure why hotels have sleep number beds, I personally find them highly overrated. Room decor is plain and dated. Some rooms have good views of the harbor. Be prepared for the valet parking as the hotel is street front. The best perk is the hotel room service and resturant is Ryan Duffy's. Great food, nice wine selection.
If you can get a deal online this hotel is good value for a visit to waterfront downtown Halifax.

Room Tip: Request higher floor on waterfront side away from Hollis St which is a busy traffic street, they are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Alikat1957
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travellers!
I am happy to hear you found our hotel to be comfortable and our team friendly and helpful!
I'm glad our great downtown location provided you with convenient access to our beautiful waterfront!
I will be sure to pass along your positive comments to the Ryan Duffy's team as well!
We look forward to welcoming you back!
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

one of the best business hotels in town. good normal high standards of services. good choice in halifax. great location business district and fishing and nature. some top seafood restaurant recommendations available from the reception.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Erin P, Front Office Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience!
I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us!
It is our goal to provide each and every guest with a great experience, simply because our guests deserve the very best. I am happy to hear you experienced exactly that!
Our great down town location certainly makes it easy to access some of our city's fantastic restaurants - which I am glad to hear our Guest Services team were able to make some great recommendations for you so you were able to enjoy our great city!

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Halifax!
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in that hotel for one night and we had to change room two times. First time because the room was very warm and the airconditioning did not work. Second time we had to change because there was a terrible noise coming from the top floor.
The third room was OK.
Staff was very friendly, tried to help us. They said that the hotel needs a big change in the near future.
Rooms are big, every room is a suite with two rooms. But chairs and beds are very old. Both beds in our room are giving a lot of noise during the night.
Wifi is good without extra cost.
Our conclusion: too much money for this quality; we were in several Radisson hotels in the world and we expected more quality.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Erin P, Front Office Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello cees706
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
It is our goal to ensure each guest has an exceptional experience with us. I regret to hear we did not live up to your, or our, expectations on this occasion.
I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered with our heating and air conditioning systems. I have passed your concerns along to our maintenance team so we may ensure all our units are functioning as they should.
As our team mentioned to you we have begun an extensive renovation process. This will see all areas of the hotel, top to bottom inside and out, receive a fresh face. As part of this process we will also be transitioning from the current Sleep Number beds to traditional style mattresses. I am confident you will be pleasantly surprised once our renovations are completed!
I am happy to hear you found our team to be friendly and helpful. We have a great team at the hotel who take great pride in their work, and make it their mission to ensure our guests are well taken care of.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Our guests satisfaction is very important to us. Hearing from our guests allows us to fine tune our daily operations. I do hope you would consider staying with us again the next time you visit Halifax.
Nunavut, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Will never stay there again. Parking is an issue. The photo that is on top of the page is all the parking they have. 2 spaces that's it. Valet parking is all they have and you are forced to use it. Made our long drive even worse. If you have young kids its stressful just trying to get checked in. I recommend staying outside downtown. Parking is the worst I see in any city I have been in the world.

• Stayed September 2012
Erin P, Front Office Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Hello, perfect_strangers-
Thank you for sharing the details of your experience with us. We truly value your feedback as the satisfaction of our guests is extremely important to us.
It is our goal to not only meet but exceed our guests' expectations. I regret to hear we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion.
As you mentioned our hotel features a valet service for our guests. I am sorry to hear of your frustrations surrounding the parking. Our valet team members are always available and happy to help our guests unload and safely park their vehicles upon their arrival to make checking in a quick and smooth process. Once you're settled in your suite if there is something you have forgotten in your vehicle we are more than happy to retreive it for you. Because we want your stay to be as relaxing as possible our team will do all within our power to ensure that is provided to you.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do hope you would consider staying with us again.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The location is perfect, the staff was very helpful and you might even say entertaining, couldnt do enough. The room was nice and big, the bathroom couldn't be faulted ( it was all a bit dated but no biggie).The problems were two: though the whole hotel is non smoking our room had obviously been smoked in, and more than once. It had that stale stink one used to associate with bars and a cigarette burn on the easy chair. Also, the beds were 'sleep number' beds which I found completely baffling. I lowered the number thinking to get a softer bed only to find myself having to climb out to get to the other side of the mattress. Quite funny if I wasn't trying to sleep after a long flight and time change. The hotel did give us free breakfasts after we complained about the smokie smell, which was a nice gesture. I'd rather have had a restful night though.

• Stayed September 2012
Erin P, Front Office Manager at The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers! It is always great to hear from our guests.

I regret to hear of the frustrations you encountered during your stay with us. You are correct, our hotel is a 100% smoke free environment. I am disappointed you found one of our suites had been smoked in. I have passed this concern on to our housekeeping team, so we may work to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future.

I am also sorry to hear of the frustration you encountered with the bed in your suite. I am pleased to announce we have begun an extensive renovation process that will see all areas of the hotel receive a fresh face. Also as part of the renovation process we will be transitioning from the Sleep Number beds to traditional style mattresses. We certainly understand how important a restful, comfortable night's sleep is. I regret we were not able to provide that to you on this occasion. I am confident once our renovations are complete you will be pleasantly surprised!

I do hope we are able to welcome you back on your next visit to Halifax!

Been to The Hollis Halifax - a DoubleTree Suites by Hilton? Share your experiences!