“Wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantica Hotel Halifax

You added Atlantica Hotel Halifax to your Saves list
Atlantica Hotel Halifax
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1980 Robie St at Quinpool, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3G5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
Charlottetown, Canada
“Wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We stayed at the atlantica on my 50 th birthday. My husband mentioned it to Nicole at check in. The next day in my room Nicole had a dessert made up and put in our room with a personalized birthday card. I think those things are very special. The room on the 15 th floor was totally awesome with a very comfy bed. The buffet breakfast at seasons is also great and lots of selection. Our whole stay was wonderful. Thanks to Nicole and Megan at the front desk

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

In June we attended a Royal Canadian Legion convention in Halifax. 8 of us stayed at the Atlanticia Hotel, from the moment we walked into the lobby we were treated like family, the check in was fast and easy with any information we needed as well as maps. The rooms are spacious and clean as are all the common areas. The staff is the best I've seen in awhile always friendly and willing to help with any request.We were in walking distance of the Trade Centre where the convention was being held. If raining we just got a car which was very reasonable as well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Halifax and upon return I would stay there again.

Southampton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

The public areas of the hotel are fantastically done, the rooms could do with a little renovation, particularly the heating systems are a little old fashion and don't work as well as the modern climate control. A few little niggles (broken toilet flush and funny smell in room) sorted out very quickly and effectively by the hotel, and the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Walking distance to downtown (when it's not raining) although would recommend a cab if you're going right down to the waterfront. My room had a nice view of the park as well! Unfortunately it was near the ice machine which was a little noisey. I've never understood why people need ice at 3am!!

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

The staff were VERY friendly (i dare you to say anyone from Halifax isn't friendly) but the hotel and the rooms were just so so for a 3.5 star hotel. The beds were a bit uncomfy (older beds.. i suspect because it was an old Holiday Inn converted) and the bathroom (usually my fav part of nice hotels) was just kinda.. well, it was like a holiday inn. Don't get me wrong.. for a casual stay, the price was right and the people were great. The bar staff was very friendly as well. It's just far enough away from downtown to make staying downtown for the same price, a bit more worth it.

toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My daughter studies at Dalhousie University, so when we visit her or move her in or out of residence, we have stayed at this hotel. The location is convenient (as are most things in Halifax, the most accessible big city in Canada!), the rooms are clean and spacious and the staff super-east-coast friendly.

The secret of this hotel is the Seasons restaurant. By far the best restaurant I have eaten at. High quality ingredients, delicious execution and spectacular presentation. And the price is so reasonable. We spend less having a meal there, which is a memorable experience, than at a franchise restaurant like Moxie's!!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Bridgewater, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I ended up staying at the Atlantica as we were in town for the weekend going to a show, and some us time in the city. Normally we stay at a more central to the down town hotel, but those properties were sold out or there rate was extremely high, must have been a large conference in town. So when I called the Atlantica and asked there rates compared to the other options were very reasonable, so I decided to get a suite as a treat. We were in the “Dream Suite” wow what a room, this is a UN known treasure in the city. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in, I found out at check out it is a hand made bed from England, so almost a one of a kind. The room had a separate living room and ½ baths which is very handy if two people are getting ready to go out. TV could be a little bigger but not bad still a 32”. One of the best things about the stay was, if you stay in the Dream suite, the hotel gives ½ the rate to the Ronald Macdonald house. A good night sleep and I did a good deed at the same time. Room and hotel were clean, restaurant in off the lobby not bad on price for a hotel, food was good, and servers were very friendly.
My worry about being far from down town, were not founded, it was only $6 cab ride back to hotel, and the next day it was a nice leisurely walk about 30 min past a park and a old fort called citadel hill , all down hill. Do your self a favor and check this out very cool. I will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Get the dream suite, pay the little extra