“Horrible Stay!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Atlantica Hotel Halifax

You added Atlantica Hotel Halifax to your Saves list
Atlantica Hotel Halifax
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1980 Robie St at Quinpool, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3G5, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Create your Stay
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
Dartmouth, Canada
“Horrible Stay!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

The first thing I noticed entering my "non-smoking" room is that it smelled like cigarette smoke. I asked the desk to change rooms, however, there were no more rooms available. The hotel said they would send someone to clean and remove the cigarette smell. They tried, but it still smelled horrible. When I went to bed I pulled the sheets and noticed a blood stain... Gross! The sheets were frayed and old! Very disappointing. Slept... The next day after room service, bed was not well made, toilet paper ran out (they did not have an extra roll), and room still smelled!

Overall, this was a horrible stay!

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel is nice and clean. Located relatively conveniently although walking downtown may be a bit far for some. Street in front is very busy but not too noisy in hotel. Parking and wi-fi available.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Comfortable stay. You always hope for something clean and comfortable as a minimum. If you can get these at a good price you're generally happy. We were. The reception staff were fantastic and made us feel instantly welcome - so a big nod to them.
We satyed during some 'Halifax Weather' so, sought out the inhouse dining facilities. Can't fault this. Nicely cooked food at a reasonable price,

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingston, Ont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

My son and I stayed here while touring Dalhousie and St Mary's universities. We got it by luck from hotwire. The hotel is great. The room was on the 9th floor and fairly quiet. We could hear some traffic from the intersection at Robie street, but it was not a problem. We will stay here again. We walked to the waterfront in 25 minutes to have supper. Parking at the hotel is $17.50/night underground. We parked on the street for free. Be careful of the street cleaning signs .. no overnight parking on Wednesday's (that means Tues night - Wed morning). We ate breakfast at a diner (Adore, I think) on Qunipool Rd ($3.99 for bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast, coffee during the week). We drove there. We ate supper at McKelvie's on the waterfront ... seafood is their specialty and it was very good. They have an early bird menu from 4pm - 6pm, full (select) meals minus desert for $19.99. Their website shows what is on the early bird menu.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Citadel ... the higher the better of course.
Stephenville, Newfoundland, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The Dr's at the IWK Health Clinic for the childrens ward were very helpful in pointing us into the proper direction for a night to stay in this beautiful Hotel with the best rates possible, my family & I were so welcomed by the staff, I will always be so very thankful to them all Justin J #104 who brought my sandwhich & fries to my room for me & to Levis for the beautiful breakfast buffett that was prepared for everyone, & to the woman who came running after me to give me a teddy bear for a momento thank you guys so very much for everything, my family & I will love you all forever & my son has to go back in up comming months to see the Dr's at the IWK Health Centre we will most deffentily be back & hope that we can have our room # 1000 on the 10th floor again, maybe this time I can go for a swim.......

Room Tip: Any room I'm sure is beautiful....
Halifax ,Nova Scotia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We spent a night at this hotel while attending a wedding. The hotel room was first class as was the service. The banquet room was exquisitely decorated and each staff member was focused on service. We spent some time at the pool and leisure center as well. There was a full time pool attendant who ensured that the area was clean and fully stocked with towels. The front desk staff provided a smooth check in and check out process. Each staff member from porter to housekeepers were totally professional. We would recommend this hotel.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have stayed 3 nights in that hotel in summer 2010.
it was an ordinary hotel in downtown Halifax.
I was travelling alone, but they did not have any single bedroom, so they gave me a room with double beds! The beds were clean. The bathroom was quite old. There were so many scratches in the bathtub and toilet. I requested to change my room. But it was the same thing in the other room as well.I think the hotel bathrooms need renovation.
There is a swimming pool in the hotel, but I did not use it.
My room view was good. The room was quite and I did not have any trouble sleeping.
once I had breakfast in the restaurant and the quality was average.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Been to Atlantica Hotel Halifax? Share your experiences!