“Good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Delta Halifax

You added Delta Halifax to your Saves list
Delta Halifax
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1990 Barrington Street | Scotia Square, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1P2, Canada (Downtown Halifax)   |
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
Mississauga, Ontario
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed at the Delta Halifax for work. Rooms were clean and comfy. My old feedback of the not so good is the value you get for Breakfast. Its expensive and nothing great. Better off heading to Scotia Square Mama Gratti's.

Will stay at the Hotel again though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Halifax, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for staying with us... we appreciate your loyalty. I am sorry you did not see great value in our breakfast offering however am happy our central location provides close by alternatives.

Thanks again for staying and we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

donnie.macdonald@deltahotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the Delta Halifax for one night while on a business trip. Before I arrived, I emailed their reservations department to ask for a "room with a view" as I was only there for one night and wanted to see as much of the city from the room as I could. I was upgraded to a junior suite which had a nice view of one of the two major bridges that cross the harbour.

Room
The room was large, with a sofa, chair, coffee table and a desk, along with a king sized bed. The bed was set up in a weird location as it did not face the TV (but it did have an excellent view towards the window). They should install a swivle mount so the TV can be viewed from the bed and the lounging area. Also, the room was somewhat dated and the bed was not in the best condition.

Though the room was pretty big, the bathroom was TINY! There was not much room to do much of anything in there except shower and get out.

Location
The location of the hotel is excellent, within walking distance of the downtown core and many top-notch restaurants. If gambling is your thing, the hotel is very close to the casino.

Interaction w/ staff
When I first went up to my room my access card did not work. Also, I requested turn-down service as a Delta Privilege Gold member while I was out for dinner between 20h and 21h30 while I was out for dinner. I was disappointed that this service was not offered to me. I followed-up with the hotel via email when I returned and received a somewhat decent apology.

Overall, the hotel is in an excellent location but needs some updating. I'm hoping the new Delta Moda rooms soon arrive to this hotel which would definitely bring my rating up a number of notches.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Halifax, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us... I really appreciate you taking the time. I am pleased to read you did have an enjoyable stay and we were able to secure a nice upgrade at time of reservation.

I am very sorry to hear we missed your evening turn-down service... I will personally follow up with our team to ensure we understand why and how the mistake happened. I am happy your communicated concern was addressed at property level. Please trust we will learn from this oversight. We will also re-look at the configuration of or Jr. Suites to see if we can make some changes to better optimize the television from all area's of the room.

I am happy to read you did enjoy our location. Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. I do hope you will consider us should your travels be taking you back to Halifax. My email is below... please feel free to contact me directly to assist with any future Halifax reservations.

Best,

Miramichi, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We make it down to Halifax on a quarterly basis, and this is our home. We have stayed at several other hotels in the HRM, but this is one is our favourite. The location is perfect, the rates are reasonable and the overall look of the place is pleasantly modern. If I had to choose between Delta Halifax and Barrington, I would certainly pick this one due to its styling - it has some of that Delta Montreal feel. One last comment: the junior suites are worthwhile, I'd say.

• Stayed December 2012
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Halifax, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Greetings from Delta Halifax,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share feedback with us via tripadvisor. We are all very happy to be your hotel of choice when visiting our city. Its great to hear such warm feedback on your past experiences with us.

Thank you very much for your loyalty... as you mentioned there are many hotel options in Halifax and we are honored to be your home away from home when travelling. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist with your next Halifax reservation.

We look forward in welcoming you back soon!

Donnie
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was at the Delta Halifax from April 4th until April 7th. My flight was late and I arrive at the hotel around 01:30am I have a reservation and I was probably the only guest on the list not already arrived, but I was extremely surprised to be welcomed with a big: Goodnight Mr Cote! 20 feet from the desk.

I was on the 4th floor, beside the elevator. No strange noise from the elevator. Bed: A1 TV: The cable quality is 1980.

Internet: The best I never had in an hotel room. wired or wireless and it is included in the price of the room (check the photo). Speedtest.com site give me five time the speed of my home connection :-) Great to do some job in the hotel room or listen a movie on netflix.

That hotel is connected to a shopping center and to the Halifax convention center and the Halifax metro center. Then even on a rainy or cold day (like at the beginning of April) I stay dry.

The price is OK for a very central hotel near the pier and the citadel.

Serge

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Halifax, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled with the personalized service delivery our team was able to provide upon your arrival... I will be sure to share your feedback with them.

In late 2011 / early 2012 we completed a major upgrade to our in-house internet bandwith to better accommodate the now everyday essential of wifi! Thank you very much for taking the time to test the performance and of course sharing it with all readers on Tripadvisor.

Thanks very much for choosing us. We all look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Happy Valley-Goose Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed in the Delta Halifax for a few days in February 2013. I was there for a conference with some of my classmates. I have also stayed at the Delta in St. John's, NL. I really liked both hotels but I have to say the Delta is a much better value, but hotels in St. John's are generally overpriced. The hotel is in a prime location near the harbour and within walking distance of alot of bars, stores, and restaurants. It is also in the same building as the city's World Trade and Convention Centre and a small but nice Mall and Food Court.

I do have to mention the two small things that keep me from giving it a full five star rating. Generally the staff were friendly and helpful but when we first tried to check in the woman at the front told us to wait until our teacher got in before she could check us in.....even though the rooms were already paid for in advance. So we stood around waiting for 10 minutes before our teacher came in from parking the vehicle. And when our teacher arrived the front staff finally took our names and gave us our keys.

And I just want to mention the hot tub in the pool area....the water jets are extremely weak, not like the Delta St. John's which was very powerful. But over all a very nice hotel and good value especially if you are from atlantic canada and choose their special rate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Halifax, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us... also the pic's you posted look great! I am sorry to read of your delayed check in. We will have our maintenance team inspect the hot tub jets to ensure they are working properly. I really appreciate your feedback and we look forward in welcoming you back to Delta Halifax soon.

Trenton, Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a great location, we usually shop the go to the hotel, we park and then check in. After we get our room we usually go for a swim and then head out for a walk and find somewhere to eat, there are lots of nice places nearby and we loved the food at the hotel as well:)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Halifax, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! I am very pleased to read you enjoy staying at our hotel. We are looking forward to having you back again soon!

Wirral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here for one night before returning home to England, we booked a double room with a fantastic view of the harbour. We had mentioned to the staff that whilst we were staying it was our wedding anniversary after having a wonderful meal in the restaurant we had a night out in the adjoining casino which can be reached by a glass bridge/walkway. We had a little win which made our night even more enjoyable. When we returned back to our room, the staff had turned down our room and left a personal message and handmade chocolates on our bed wishing us a happy anniversary, a lovely personal touch . The rooms were very modern, spacious and clean and the staff were fantastic, very friendly, helpful, welcoming and done everything to make our stay a great one, thank you delta hope to see you next year when we next visit Nova Scotia

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Donnie M, Manager at Delta Halifax, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Hello from Delta Halifax,

Thanks very much for choosing to stay with us during your special Nova Scotia get-a-way. I am thrilled to read of your experience and am very happy we were able to provide you with a great stay. I will be sharing your feedback with my colleagues... thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

Thanks again for staying with us and we all look forward in welcoming you back again soon!

donnie.macdonald@deltahotels.com

Been to Delta Halifax? Share your experiences!