“terrible guest house” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Fountain View Guest House

Fountain View Guest House
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Halifax
Fountain View Guest House
You added Fountain View Guest House to your Saves list
2138 Robie Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3K 4M5, Canada   |
Ranked #27 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
“terrible guest house”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This guest house is terrible, no access to fridge and kitchen. The bathroom is not clean enough to be comfortable. lots of noise from the crowded and high traffic street. More importantly, the host is very mean; she behaves very bad and unprofessional. By and large, I don't recommend it at all. It is not worth even thinking about it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Charlottetown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We appreciated very much our stay chez Helen, while my mother was in hospital over Christmas, into January at the QEII. The rates were very good, the place is simple and homey. Helen is a lively, interesting lady with character, and accommodating with respect to the uncertain length our stay. My parents went back there to stay when my mother had to return to Halifax for a checkup.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I must say that I just returned from a holiday in NS and NB and that I did stay at the Fountainview Guest House because I couldn't get into the hostel and despite being inundated with notes and repeated messages from Helen, for the price of $40.00 for a double room, I was quite happy because of the price to put up with Helen. Yes, the criticisms are true but like I said you can't beat the price. Helen tends to keep repeating herself and tends to change the subject while she is talking to you. Other then she makes you park in a certain spot, the room was clean!!

Room Tip: We had a room in the back of the house
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I don't really get most of the negative comments; some of you are very sensitive to be so highly impressed by Helen's attitude. It is around 45$ a night; you cannot really expect something more than what you get. It is certainly not neat, but comfortable and two footsteps from downtown Halifax. If you're on a tight budget, this is your option in Halifax.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I would not recommend this place to no one,, the hostess was not at all friendly , she had attitude . I had intended on staying there 2 times so I paid with credit card the first time , then on phone with credit card second time ,, when my son got there he was asked to pay again cause she said she dident accept credit cards ? Then on what was suppose to b the second time he stayed the he couldn't make it cause of boat delays so I called to let her know and see bout getting refund since we would not b there and she was pretty ignorant bout saying whether u stay there or not u dident get your money back ,,, which I think us absolutely disgraceful,, providing this is a place of business,,,, personally I think in order to b in thus line of business u have to have customer service skills,, b kind and curtious which U MY DEAR have none ,,,, I would absolutely not recommend this place and would pay more money any day to get customer service which I did not get here

• Stayed December 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have stayed in Halifax to visit couple of universities to apply to their Master programs. This place is the cheapest and compared to what it has to offer it is good. Room that I stayed #2 was spacious, had two single beds-one soft one firmer, wireless internet, toaster, refrigerator, kettle, tv and a small sink. All is old but perfectly working. The lady who owns and operates the place is very nice and helpful. I couldn't connect to the wireless internet the night I arrived, I mentioned this to her in the morning and left to see the city. When I came back it was all okay and working.

If I come to Halifax again this is the place to stay. Just do not expect anything fancy, expect everything to work properly. Sleep in a quiet room, in a comfy bed and wake up to a breakfast that you can prepare yourself-which saves you a ton of money.

Pinar, November'12, travelling solo

Room Tip: I had #2 it oversees the busy road but no disturbance even I am a light-sleeper
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Great price. 55 dollars for a room with two single comfortable clean beds. Rooms very clean Shared bathroom- floors were dirty.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Fountain View Guest House? Share your experiences!