“Just as good as I remember” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cambridge Suites - Halifax

You added Cambridge Suites - Halifax to your Saves list
Cambridge Suites - Halifax
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1583 Brunswick Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 3P5, Canada (Downtown Halifax)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$139 FREE Parking
Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Halifax
Saint John, Canada
“Just as good as I remember”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I used to use this hotel regularly on business before I retired. I have not been back for some time but was pleased to find it is still as good a place to stay as I remember. Standards have not fallen. Great price, great room, friendly staff, free breakfast. What's not to like. Will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Megan D, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Brian3802,

It is great that you had an opportunity to come see us even after you retired. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Megan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Philly/South NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Stayed here for business a month or so ago. Wasn't impressed from the outside, but was pretty modern on the inside and in the rooms.

Wifi stretched pretty far to the end of the hallways, but it was also nice to have the wired connection in the room.

Free breakfast buffet was the basics, nothing crazy but always nice to have a free option in the morning.

Location was good in that close to some of the restaurants/bars a block away.

Room was clean and modern and pretty quiet. Rooftop exercise room also had an outside deck where you had a nice view of the city. Wednesday night free happy hour was a nice touch too.

Would certainly consider staying here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Megan D, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear King10000,

I am glad you were able to enjoy the hotel while you here. The first impression sometimes doesn't always give the full picture. We are actually replacing the canopy in the coming months - so stay tuned!

Thanks so much for the hotel review.

Dorchester, NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Room was spacious with a kitchenette, luxurious bedding, great service, friendly staff and underground parking very convenient. Very central to many shops, restaurants and night time entertainment. Our view was great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Megan D, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear WardDorchester,

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take in the million dollar view from the hotel.

We hope when your travels find you coming this way you choose to stay with us again.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice and both times have been amazing. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious and modern, the rooms and hotel itself is super clean. The rooms I have stayed in have been soooo nice.
The location is great too!

• Stayed May 2013
Hello Dillonjm,

Nothing is better than a review titled like that. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in offering a quality product and wonderful service.

We hope to see you back here again soon!

Regards,

Bridgewater, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

When I say "minor qualms", I want to make note that, anything negative I could say about this hotel and/or my recent stay boils down to nothing more than personal preference, or things that were not necessarily the fault of the hotel. I found my mattress to be too soft, but, that's because I prefer a firm mattress - if you prefer a soft mattress, you'll love your bed at Cambridge. I found it odd that the hotel kitchen was closed prior to 10 PM on a Saturday - but I've since come to realize that that's something of an industry standard, and it was an untypical situation that had me even attempting to call upon the kitchen after 10 PM to begin with, so that's hardly something to hold against the hotel. I had slight issues with the toilet not wanting to flush properly, before realizing that, hey, it's a low-flow toilet and that's just what low-flow toilets DO. Again, not the hotel's fault for trying to be greener. And I didn't particularly enjoy one of my meals from the kitchen, as I'm not typically a fan of cornbread, but, I ordered a dish knowing it came with cornbread so, I knew what I was doing and again, won't blame the hotel for something that I decided to do myself.

Objectively speaking, the Cambridge Suites is a phenomenal hotel. It's an ideal location for a downtown stay (being located right on Brunswick Street with easy and quick access to both Spring Garden Road and the entirety of the downtown core) with a beautiful view from any side. The staff are very friendly, from the check-in staff to housekeeping to the kitchen and beyond. I was immediately offered an upgrade to a larger room at check-in which I politely declined, but I consider that to be a very nice touch when available. Upon arrival, the room was very clean and well-organized. High-speed internet was as advertised, very quick, with no down-time on either mobile or laptop PC. My Sunday-morning 9 AM wake-up call occurred at exactly 9:00:14 AM, underscoring the quickness, dedication and effectiveness of the staff. I did not make use of the rooftop amenities, but in taking a few minutes to observe them, they are wonderful if you are so inclined. In terms of value, I feel as though my money was much more effectively spent at Cambridge for the return I received than at any other downtown hotel. Sometimes it's hard to believe the hype with a hotel as well-reviewed as Cambridge, but trust me when I say, you can believe in the Cambridge Suites.

Room Tip: Don't get stuck on the idea that you have to have a Harbourside view - the view of Brunswick Str...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Scott_Travis_CSH, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks JRobar for reviewing our property. I will definitely check out the saturday kitchen closure prior to 10pm because 10pm is our standard time to start to shut down service..... not at 5 or 10 to! Sorry for this nuisance. I hope we can welcome you back very soon when visiting Halifax. Thanks again.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I are planning our wedding this summer. We immediately thought of Cambridge Suites for ourselves & also our 65 guests, who also require a room.
Upon arriving and asking questions about a possible honeymoon suite, the front desk clerk (blonde hair) pulled out a binder and tried to find a picture of a "suite"...or lack there of, as there was not a picture in the binder. She then pointed to a digital picture frame and said a picture of the suite should be on there!!! Seriously!?! We wished to view a suite and had to ask for this! It was not mentioned to us at all. We then waited for 15 minutes and still have not viewed a suite. My fiancé and I left Cambridge Suites and shall never return! I have no idea who was to show us the suite, as the two front desk clerks were too busy to care.
I find irony in the hotel's name Cambridge "Suites"...just don't expect to view one, unless you enjoy watching digital picture frames.
VERY disappointing Halifax :(

• Stayed April 2013
Scott_Travis_CSH, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I am so sorry Crystyle112 that this is the impression you have of the Cambridge Suites because this is not what we are all about. I am also sorry that we lost the chance to host you, your family and friends on maybe one of (if not the) most important day of your life. I completely understand if you won't take me up on this offer but if you give us the chance I will tour you and your fiance myself (any time of day - you just tell me when). Myself and this team will do our best to prove to you that you were making the best decision in coming here to take a peek at one of our suites. I also promise you I will follow up with all staff involved so they know full well how we made you and your fiance feel. I am so sorry and again if you were willing to have a tour or just wish to discuss this situation further I am always available at stravis@cambridgesuiteshotel.com or at 902-420-0555 (and my name is Scott). I am totally sorry and I hope I get a chance to speak to you about this.
kentville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife & I stayed here overnight April 13 2013.We were upgraded from a 1 bedroom to a 1 bedroom suite and we were really impressed.This is one of the nicest hotels that I have stayed in.The staff were very friendly and helpful.I ordered room service,and our bottle of wine arrived very quickly.The room was very clean,the bed was very comfortable.We had a room with a view of Halifax harbour,and could also see part of the downtown area.The shower was clean & hot.

Room Tip: The view of the harbour was worth paying a little extra for.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott_Travis_CSH, General Manager at Cambridge Suites - Halifax, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks GuysMontess for posting a review and for deciding to stay with us. I love our one bedroom suites and when I stay here (which I do once a month) I love staying in that style of suites. Again thanks for the shout out and we will see you next time..... which we hope is soon because after all you only live an hour away!

Been to Cambridge Suites - Halifax? Share your experiences!