Stayed here 5 nights on my first visit to Halifax.
The Lobby is very nice, but once you get to your room you realize it's an older hotel which they have tried to renovate.I suppose it was a historic building from the past and thety dealt with it the best they could. The room, though furnished nicely, was cramped, bathroom was not as modern as it could be and I just got this sense of a musty smell.
Room service was excellent and the food was quite good. It rained a lot when I was in Halifax so I didn't get out much after a busy day at work.
Hotel is located at the end of town by the Pier and there is a nice wooden walking path by the water that takes you quite a ways up into downtown.
All in all not a bad stay but I might try the Four Points next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Nova Scotian, is located near Halifax Harbour. Steps from world-class shopping and dining opportunities, we are the ideal place to savor the sights and sounds of this beautiful city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Starwood, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Westin Nova Scotian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Nova Scotian Hotel Halifax
- Westin Hotel Halifax
- Westin Nova Scotian
- Westin Halifax
- Halifax Westin
- The Westin Nova Scotian Halifax, Nova Scotia