“Lovely Park” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Point Pleasant Park

Point Pleasant Park
Point Pleasant Drive, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 1B5, Canada (South End)
Website
Ranked #9 of 118 things to do in Halifax
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Activities: Running
More attraction details
Owner description: Have a picnic with sweeping ocean views or hike through 186 acres of forest in one of Halifax's most cherished parks.
Paget Parish, Bermuda
11 attraction reviews
“Lovely Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Beautiful big park. Great walking park. Has squirrels living there that we fed and took loads of pictures. We have been twice and don't think we covered it all. We will be back!

Visited June 2012

Edmonton, Canada
49 attraction reviews
“Nice for a realxing walk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

This park is fairly large so you can get a good walk in if you head through the trails. It is also good for jogging. If you just want a scenic stroll you can stick to the path along the water. It can be windy so be prepared.

We had a great evening walk here recently. It was peaceful in the trails with not many others around. The trails are marked fairly well.

At the end of our walk however there seemed to be some sort of unpublished gathering in the parking lot. People bringing their cars to rev the engines and show off. There were a lot of people and the lot was full. That was less relaxing so we decided not to stick around any longer.

Visited April 2013
Monterossa
14 attraction reviews
“An asset to Halifax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We visited here a few times whilst in Halifax. To have a park like this so close to downtown Halifax is great. No, it's not the most scenic park land we have seen but it is still a great place to walk or run, with or without dog, great for a picnic when the weather is right but even with snow it has a certain appeal. It's free, can be walked to from downtown, though this is a bit of a walk but it is serviced by a bus route. Simply having this space readily available for public access is a big plus.

Visited April 2013
Bay Saint Lawrence, Nova Scotia, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Dissapointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

When you grow up in the wilds of Northern Cape Breton and are used to the Cape Breton Highlands National Park, a walk through Point Pleasant Park is quite disappointing. My wife and I used to go hear for walks in our younger years and I am glad I had her company because the trails were quite dull, flat and uninspiring. Again, it can be because I grew up with the Cape Breton Highlands National Park in my backyard and with all the things I heard about Point Pleasant Park on my local news stations growing up, I was expecting something more, but when I have returned to the Park for the ever-popular Halifax wedding photos, I was disappointed all over again.

Visited September 2012
Bedford, Canada
30 attraction reviews
“a gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The park is a huge, nearly pristine piece of Halifax's history. The forts in the park guarded Halifax from it's enemies during the two World Wars and before. Unfortunately, Hurricane Juan damaged some of the taller trees, but the park retains its elegance and is a wonderful place to walk in the quiet of the woods or cross country ski in the winter

Visited September 2012