“Excellant food, treated like family” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Estia - CLOSED

Estia
5518 Spring Garden Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1G5 , Canada (Downtown Halifax)
902-429-8331
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: Emulating a quintessential neighborhood restaurant in Greece, Estia offers traditional Greek cuisine made from favorite family recipes as well as an eclectic mix of contemporary meat, seafood, pasta and vegetarian dishes. A variety of Pitas, paninis, wraps and sandwiches satisfy those looking for lighter fare, and a selection of gluten free and vegan options make Estia a casual dining destination to satisfy all palates.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Excellant food, treated like family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were in Halifax on a tour and had a free night for dinner. After checking menus on TripAdvisor we noted Estia was highly rated, diverse menu. Looked perfect. Albeit a little stroll up Spring Garden Rd. But it was worth it. After being seated, the Owner came over and went over the menu, made recommendations. They were very accommodating. We learned a lot about the food, her and her family. This is a family run restaurant and I felt we were treated like family. The food was wonderfully prepared and flavorful. Three in our group opted for fish and I, lamb chops. Soup and salads were also great. Had a lamb/vegetable soup. Fantastic!, wish I had the recipe. My only complaint was being too full at the end. We ordered one dessert to share for four of us. We were on a 10 day tour through Nova Scotia and PEI. This was one of our best meals. Had such a good time we had our picture taken with the owner. My advise, skip the expensive, touristy restaurants and head to Estia. Eucharisto !

Atlantic Beach, New York
“Don't miss this gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

I stopped by randomly while touring with my family. Some of the best Greek food you'll find. If you are doing the pink bus tour, it's right off the stop after the museum of natural history in the shopping district. Very reasonable and they have food for kids as well as adults. The Greek beer was awesome.

Halifax
“Great Fodd and wonderful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went tonight with another couple ,since ill Mercator is gone. Really felt like we found a great new place for a wonderful night out. Service was perfect , beautiful atmosphere ....and not as noisy as some other restaurants in the city. I had souvlaki and it was delicious .loved the dolma des too. Good value and we, ll be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Excellent Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been to Estia numerous times, and it has been consistently fantastic. The menu has a lot of choices, and even the simple items like the fries are wonderful. I've tried a lot of different items and they have all been great, no hit or miss here. The portions are a fair, if not a generous size, and the prices are good for the quality. The decor is elegant without being pretentious. Whenever my friends and I have something to celebrate, or want to go somewhere with a little more class than pizza corner or the back of our fridges, this is our choice. Great for families, friends, and perfect for a date.

Also, the olive oil that they serve with the bread at the beginning is the Nectar of the Gods, I swear. Magic.

• Visited December 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We eat at this restaurant frequently. We always have great service, great wine and delicious food. Everything we have tried so far we liked. Our food always comes quick. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable.Our favorite has to be the saganaki and the grilled vegetable panini.

• Visited March 2013