“Great Fodd and wonderful food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Estia - CLOSED

Estia
5518 Spring Garden Road, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3J 1G5 , Canada (Downtown Halifax)
902-429-8331
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown Halifax
Description: Emulating a quintessential neighborhood restaurant in Greece, Estia offers traditional Greek cuisine made from favorite family recipes as well as an eclectic mix of contemporary meat, seafood, pasta and vegetarian dishes. A variety of Pitas, paninis, wraps and sandwiches satisfy those looking for lighter fare, and a selection of gluten free and vegan options make Estia a casual dining destination to satisfy all palates.
Halifax
“Great Fodd and wonderful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Went tonight with another couple ,since ill Mercator is gone. Really felt like we found a great new place for a wonderful night out. Service was perfect , beautiful atmosphere ....and not as noisy as some other restaurants in the city. I had souvlaki and it was delicious .loved the dolma des too. Good value and we, ll be back!

• Visited July 2013

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Excellent Greek food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been to Estia numerous times, and it has been consistently fantastic. The menu has a lot of choices, and even the simple items like the fries are wonderful. I've tried a lot of different items and they have all been great, no hit or miss here. The portions are a fair, if not a generous size, and the prices are good for the quality. The decor is elegant without being pretentious. Whenever my friends and I have something to celebrate, or want to go somewhere with a little more class than pizza corner or the back of our fridges, this is our choice. Great for families, friends, and perfect for a date.

Also, the olive oil that they serve with the bread at the beginning is the Nectar of the Gods, I swear. Magic.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We eat at this restaurant frequently. We always have great service, great wine and delicious food. Everything we have tried so far we liked. Our food always comes quick. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable.Our favorite has to be the saganaki and the grilled vegetable panini.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alberta
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

They make a really nice humus with pita here. It has a bit more texture than some other's I have eaten and it tasted great. Nicely balanced favours. The lamb souvlaki was good, and the prices for wine by the bottle where very reasonable.

The service was good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Best Greek in Halifax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Halifax. I've been here a couple of times with my friends, and each time we had wonderful servers. On my first visit, I wasn't completely satisfied with the food as my pita was drenched in oil, but the second time was much better. The cocktails are delicious and I considered ordering a second Baklava for dessert. I would recommend Estia to anyone who loves Greek food.

• Visited July 2013