“Go Next Door Instead” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
CUT Steakhouse & Urban Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 615 Restaurants in Halifax
Cross street: Lower Water St
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
“Go Next Door Instead”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Well, they give you the song and dance about your steak and then drop the ball huge. Steak was ok, could have bought a better cut and cooked it myself or gone to The Keg and not noticed the difference except on my bill.

The staff were friendly and service was good, one side (rice and peas) was microwaved and this was evident from the extreme temp. of the bowl compared to the food inside it as well as the 1/4" of water the rice didn't soak up.

At $7/shrimp in a shrimp cocktail, they shouldn't be dry and flavorless but they were.

Wow, I'm going to assume not a lot of repeat customer's here. Me included!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Dartmouth, Canada
“Medium rare steak anyone?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Not the night I was there. It was what I wanted...and what I ordered, but my steak was medium rare . I really don't like it like that, so I asked if it could be cooked more. The answer was yes, of course. The steak was brought back medium...still not to my liking. I was leary of asking to have it cooked properly, simply because I thought it might get spit on or tossed on the floor, so I didn't eat much of it. The rest of the experience was very good, so I gave them an average rating. Really though, is it all that hard to cook a steak medium well ??

Visited January 2013
“overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Service was good. Meal incredibly overpriced for what you got. steaks ok. Nothing spectacular. Will not return

Visited April 2013
NovaScotia_10
“If you like Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Not the least expensive restaurant in which I have eaten, but certainly one of the best steakhouses in which I have had the pleasure of dining. Everything from the service to the apps, the entrees and the sides was exceptional. Probably not a place you can afford to east every week but if you want to treat yourself or for a special occasion, this spot should be highly considered

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Canada
“Steaks undercooked”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate down stairs at the Urban Grill. I have previously dined here thought it was great, this time I was disappointed. 4 out of 6 ordered steaks and none were cooked properly; a real disappointment considering steak is their specialty. The service was prompt and friendly; our server even offered free deserts when we expressed our disappointment with the steaks. I will go back but stick with a burger and appetisers and skip the steak.

• Visited April 2013