“Eclectic” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
CUT Steakhouse & Urban Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 615 Restaurants in Halifax
Cross street: Lower Water St
Boston, Massachusetts
“Eclectic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The room's decor was a bit dark and eclectic, having a 70s vibe. Service was pleasant and attentive, but this could have been due to the fact that our party of 13 was the only diners in the restaurant after 8:30 - strange for a Saturday evening. Food was above average and portions were adequate. Desserts were pedestrian at best.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Halifax, Canada
“Over Rated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I was so disappointed with the quality of the super expense steak that I just had to leave. It was really over priced, tough. They offered to give me another steak but I was so unhappy I left.

Visited January 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Urban Grill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Went to the downstairs part - Urban Grill - for lunch. It was not good. The tables were not cleared away and we were seated next to dirty tables, all around us. We asked that the tables be cleared and cleaned. Took about 20 minutes. Looking around the whole restaurant, most tables had not been cleared up from the earlier diners. Really, really not for me. Don't like looking at other people's leavings. It didn't bother the waitress that we had to make such a request. Finally, we moved the dishes from the tables on either side of us and my husband asked for a cloth to wipe the tables. I can't remember the food.

Fredericton, Canada
“Uncomfortably Modern”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Like my steak Cut was "medium". 5 colleagues aent out for dinner and drinks. We ate at the lower level of Cut which I would describe "uncomfortably modern" - perhaps upstairs is better. I had free range steak and it was very nicely done veggies were done well too. Appetizer of Calamari was at best a 5/10 so disappointing. As well for a higher end steak restaurant their wine list left a lot to be desired. The banana split crepes were very nicely done with great presentation. The service was excellent, our waitress Holly was very good. Bottom line - good food, great service, but this great city offers so many better choices I will likely bever return.

Gatineau, Canada
“Disappointed too!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Was staying at the Courtyard and went to the steakhouse. The menu seemed pricey, but I was willing to pay for a good steak. Unfortunately, my 50$ steak was rather tough and did not impress me at all. The chocolate cake was also below average. Bottom line, I'm sure you can get a better steak elsewhere in Halifax.

• Visited January 2013