You added Ascendence Harbourside Mansion Bed & Breakfast Halifax to your Saves list
Ascendence Harbourside Mansion Bed & Breakfast Halifax
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   24 Northumberland Lane, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3M 1R7 , Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 27 Halifax B&B and Inns
“Ok B&B”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed two nights while traveling with another couple. Our room was comfortable and I slept well. The furnishings were antique. I thought it was odd that their dining room table did not accommodate eight people. There are only four rooms and when everyone arrived for breakfast one couple had to wait. There was a tall table to stand at that was set for two people, but the couple decided to wait so they could sit down. The breakfast food was good. The driveway and parking were extremely tight. There's no view of the water because a large condo blocks their view. The hosts are pleasant and energetic. The rooms were not made up during the day and that is unusual at least from the experiences I've had staying at B&B's. The inn is on the outskirts of town in an industrial area, but it was a shortdriveto downtown Halifax.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

The reviews on this property range from 1 to 5 and after being there I can appreciate the reasons for both. We booked this property with the idea that it was in Halifax which is accurate but it is just off the Bedford Highway and to get to the Halifax waterfront is a 7.5 km drive. For breakfast we had the choice of 0930 or 1000 hrs. Although we had booked a couple of months prior, it was only at check-in that we learned breakfast times were consecutive, and the early times, on which our plans for the day were based, were taken. Our choice was to drop a planned excursion or skip breakfast. The hosts are very friendly and accommodating, and the property is as stated. Not mentioned is a small disappointment - there was a lovely view of the harbour until a few years ago, when a long several-storey condo was built, leaving only an Ocean Glimpse. It is a stately home, and we appreciated the warm welcome. We understand why people love it, with excellent hosts.

Room Tip: Check the location on Google Earth.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The friendly, helpful and enthusiastic owners, Katherine and Daniel, did the utmost to make us feel at home in their quiet, historic house. People like them make the difference between a nice vacation and a great one. One tip - don't use computer directions, ask the owners how to get there (as the street name was recently changed). Their email address is reservations@ascendence.ca.

Room Tip: The ``Auditor's Room'' on the second floor has a sea view; its bathroom is next door. Th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

They called me 4 days before my arrival to tell me they were cancelling my 2 months reservation to give to somebody else! The reason was that somebody was staying more than 3 days and they did not have availability. You cannot trust that kind of business! Just to gain some dollars more, they gave trouble to find another place. They told me that they would send me an e-mail to help me find another hotel but I didn't have any news!

• Stayed May 2012
Shelburne, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Staying here changed my outlook on staying at hotels/motels. This bed and breakfast was so cozy and comfortable. Our 20 month old was made to feel special as well. The owners pay close attention to detail making your stay all that much more special. I highly recommend this as a place to stay and plan on repeat visits myself.

Room Tip: The royal suite is very cozy, comfortable, affordable and private.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Saint Andrews, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My husband and I came across this little B&B. Was a little reserved about staying at a B&B, but when coming to Halifax this will be are place to go. The room was so comfortable. The mattress and pillows were perfect. Had a great nights sleep. Breakfast is totally awesome. The people that run the establishment are so personable and friendly. Wonderful people. You need anything and you just need to ask. Gee, they even noticed without me saying anything, that I drank cream in my coffee. They went out that very day when they found that out and bought cream so I could have my coffee the way I liked it. The pay attention to even the smallest detail. It was quiet and peaceful. Enjoyed the stay and like I said this is the place we'll for all our visits to Halifax. Absolutely loved the place, people, rooms, and great location. Close to everything you need to get access to.

Room Tip: The room my husband and I stayed in had two twin beds. Very, very comfortable and clean room. My h...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

This place like a piece of history with modern tools.
The owners are so gentle. we will stay there when ever we are in Halifax.

Thanks Katherine
Thanks Daniel

Maha and Abdul

Room Tip: they have a amizing room, they called it Royal Room
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ascendence Harbourside Mansion Bed & Breakfast Halifax? Share your experiences!