“Ok nothing special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 211 restaurants in Dartmouth
Halifax, Canada
“Ok nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Ate here with friends it was their treat and their choice, it was my first time, the place was busy and we had to wait for a table at there were 7 of us, but the wait was not long and the kids got their faces painted while we waited which was great. We ate ribs and to be honest they were not the fall off the bone type ribs I would have expected and although we were not paying I did note the prices on the menu and would consider it over priced given the quality of the food. The service was good and the table we got was a large round table in a closed off section of the restaurant which I was glad of as the place is very noisy. I would not be tempted to queue up again to get in to this restaurant but if at the shops it would do as a quite lunch stop better than fast food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

45% Recommend
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Not good value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Visited hear at lunch time.
Server was friendly and service good.
Started with nachos with pulled pork that was fine and a good sized portion so was looking forward to my rib-eye steak!was disappointed full of fat and was the worst steak I had had for a while and at nearly 30 dollars not good value.first and last time at this restrauant.
W

nova scotia
“Just ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Had gone here , service was ok , a little slow as it wasn't busy at all. Got a chicken burger recommended from the waitress , it was so soggy will never order it again. It was ok , may ...may not be back .

Visited September 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Probably the best meal I have ever had here...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have been to Montana's several times at various locations, and found this time to be one of the best. The food can sometimes be hit or miss, but overall good. They have made some changes to their menu and I found there seemed to be more variety and more to my liking. I had the chicken tacos with caesar salad and my boyfriend had the pulled pork sandwich with fries. The tacos were one of their signature items and they tasted really good, the flavors they used were so tasty and they seemed to have elevated the taco to something more. I know that sounds strange but so true. My boyfriends pulled pork was a great portion size and he found it to be very good as well. I also had a caesar to drink and it was good. The dessert was alright we had a new one that was added to the menu, pineapple upside down cake. The service was good and efficient. The atmosphere is always pleasant at Montana's.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cape Breton Island, Canada
“Enjoyable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was second time here and it was just as good as the first. Our waitress was wonderful, the service was excellent. Food was delicious and what we ordered. Will be back for sure :)

• Visited August 2013