“Great service, okay food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Cheticamp, Canada
“Great service, okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our chicken has been tastier in other Swiss Chalet restaurants, and have also seen more tender chicken. The rest was decent, the cheesecake was chewy, and strawberry toping was odd tasting. I will go back, but maybe only once more if the food doesn't improve.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

59% Recommend
Dartmouth, Canada
“Family Dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We often eat at SC , however this was the first time we ordered a family meal. While there was enough chicken for four, it was overcooked and dry. There were mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and a Caesar salad that could be stretched to serve two. All this for $35 dollars.
We were very disappointed and we needed to cook extra sides to feed all four of us.

This was not a restaurant visit...it was a take-out.

Visited December 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Don't order the salad!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was disappointed in my lunch today. I ordered the sweet Heat Salad. It looked nothing like the photo. No Mandarin oranges, no sesame seeds a few pieces of ? cooked red pepper? Very little Thai sauce. The chicken tasted fine but certainly not any sweet or heat that I could taste.
Sorry Swiss Chalet but you failed!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
“good food good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

this is a regular place for my family, the kids love the food and the price is always good. the new building is great and service is fast and food always hot

Visited April 2013
Dartmouth
“Gone Downhill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We live local and were some of the first to take lunch Thursday 4th April. Expecting fresh out of the rotiserie juicy, succulent chicken. My wife had a fancy salad and left half of it and I had a half chicken dinner so dried up I asked the waitress if this was a re-heat from the night before. Good for minimizing wastage but bad for the customer. We paid our bill, tipped well but asked the waitress to reflect our disatissfaction with a very salty, very dried up and pretty awful lunch.
I have heard the Swiss chalet at Dartmouth Crossing is operating the way this restaurant used to so if we go there again we will try that one.

• Visited April 2013