Rooms are simple, but well-appointed. Front desk was very accomodating- we had many small requests throughout our stay, including a 10 am check-in, changing rooms, etc. The complimentary breakfast was nice. Breads, cereals, juice, and coffee.
This hotel is a stone's throw from the ferry to downtown Halifax, which ran frequently from morning until late into the evening. At 2.25 CAD per ride, it's probably the cheapest, downtown harbourview, 14 minute boat ride in Canada. Also, our stay at the Super 8 Dartmouth was about half that of what we would have typically paid for our usual choice hotel chain in downtown Halifax.
This was the only hotel in the Dartmouth/Downtown Halifax area that could guarantee us a room with a balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes walk to the Halifax Harbour ferry. A 12 minute ride to everything in downtown Halifax without the parking or traffic congestion. Clean, comfortable rooms and suites, close to great restaurants, 20 minute drive to the airport. Also near Mic Mac Mall and Dartmouth Crossing. Downtown value & convenience without downtown prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Dartmouth Hotel Dartmouth
- Super Eight Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Super Eight
- Dartmouth Super 8
- Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel Nova Scotia