“They try hard.....” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place

You added Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place to your Saves list
Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   240 Brownlow Avenue, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia B3B 1X6, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Dartmouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Toronto, Canada
“They try hard.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

but this place was opened in 1990 and I'm not sure they've done much in the way of upgrades since then... I was travelling with a group of people on business-and every one of our rooms smelled musty...opening the window helped, and the room itself was clean, but furnishings and carpet is outdated. It's located in a business park, you'll want a car if you're staying here, (it's a $25 one way cab ride into Halifax) There is a restaurant and a small bar, the food is just adequate, i'd suggest drive to a one of the nearbychain type restaurants . Overall, if you are travelling on vacation I'd recommend spend a few extra dollars and stay in Halifax.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ramadans, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Terrill 03 I am sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your most recent stay at Park Place Ramada Plaza.

While our general interior design concept has remained largely consistent, please know that we have made significant improvements to our property in the last number of years. Specific examples include Deluxe Simmons Pillow Top bed sets, "White Bed" linens in the majority of our guest rooms, new draperies, new artwork and new LG flat panel televisions in all of our guest rooms in all of our guestrooms. We have also made significant improvements in our wireless internet infrastructure in 2012.

For a more economical option for transportation to downtown, there is a bus stop at the end of our drive way. The number 66 will take you to the brand new central bus station next to the Dartmouth Sportsplex. One could also take a less expensive taxi ride to Alderney Landing and then enjoy the scenic ferry ride to the heart of down town Halifax.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, off line, if you choose to return in the future. I will do my best to ensure that we meet and exceed your expectations.

Kind regards,

Pierre Roy, Vice President and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Saint John SJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Staff are great. The room was nice and comfy except for a couple of tiles in the shower which looked ready to be repaired. The free breakfast was DELICIOUS ~ oatmeal, french toast, eggs, cereal, bread, fruit bar, etc. The lunch buffet was yummy too. Best squash soup I've had in a while and good selection at salad bar for fruits and veggies. Hot tub wasn't working properly, but they said a part was on order. I'll be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ramadans, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Catherine thank you for taking some time from your schedule to share your experience at our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I am very pleased that you had a positive guest experience. We have worked very hard at our breakfast buffet and are pleased to provide all of the traditional favorites with real service on real china "included with your guestroom". Our culinary team still make our soups from scratch on a daily basis with care and the best ingedients available. I have emailed our Executive Chef a copy of your review and asked that he share it with his team.

I have spoken to our Chief Engineer regarding the tile in your room and we have received the required parts for our hot tub and it has been repaired. If I can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me off line. Thank you for your patronage!

Warm Regards,

Pierre Roy, Vice President and General Manager.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I was there for a convention and the stay was great
Room ready and clean when I checked in and food was great
Beakfast buffet was stocked and ready for the group
Staff friendly and helpful with knowledge of the area
Quick check out

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
David I am very pleased that you had a positive stay at Park Place Hotel & Conference Centre, Ramada Plaza! Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! Please know that we value your patronage and hope to be your hotel of choice when travelling to Greater Halifax in the future. I especially appreciate your kind comments regarding our staff.

If I can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me offline.

Kind regards,

Pierre Roy, Vice President & General Manager
Saint John, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Checked in ... awesome hotel.. very impressed with the pillow top beds- Very comfy.. Very clean hotel! I stayed at the DAYS INN a month prior to that, and there is no comparison to the Ramada.. I recommend the Ramada to anyone. I really enjoyed the waterslide & pool area.. :) Also the breakfast was amazing.. Hot breakfast... All together very nice environment, and next time i go to Darthmouth/Halifax i know where i'll be staying!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ramadans, General Manager at Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Greetings from Dartmouth Michelle! I am so pleased that you had a positive experience at our property! We receive many positive comments regarding our Simmon's pillow top bed sets... So many that we have partnered with Simmon's so our guests can purchase the same model bed they enjoyed during their stay and have it delivered to their home direct from the factory. If you are interested in this promotion, please do not hesitate to contact me offline. I have sent your kind comments regarding our Hot Buffet Breakfast to our Executive Chef to share with his team, I am glad you and your family enjoyed!

If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I hope you are having a great Autumn.

Mr. Pierre Roy, Vice President & General Manager
RIVERVIEW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

No further suggestions.I was very pleased with this Hotel,as always.
They generally have room ready and check in is very easy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Ralph thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We are thrilled to be your hotel of choice when travelling to Greater Halifax on business! Please know that we appreciate your continued patronage. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Mr. Pierre Roy, Vice President & General Manager
Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Staff were great, helpful, professional, Hotel clean. Complementary breakfast very good. Lots of choices. Lunch and dinner food very good. Would return anytime. The staff made the biggest difference. Remote from Halifax proper, however if you are leaving the city, it make your departure your trip is simplified.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ramadans, Director of Operations at Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Greetings from Dartmouth Chillecoth! I always appreciate reading kind comments regarding our terrific team members at Park Place Hotel & Conference Centre, Ramada Plaza! At our employee entrance we have a sign indicating that " through these doors walk the best hotel employees in Metropolitan Halifax /Dartmouth". I truly believe our team of service professionals are very committed to creating caring experiences...Every Person... Every time!

I appreciate your patronage and hope you are able to return soon to our hotel. I wish you and your family a great Autumn!

Scott Davies
Director of Operations, Park Place Hotel & Conference Centre, Ramada Plaza
Eastern Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Room is large and comfortable. In room coffee smelled wonderful, although i didn't have any as I forgot to bring any cream and I don't "do" whitener. Waterslide is super....so tall, two turns... you just fly! Free breakfast was standard but lots of choice and good tasting. Check in was great, hotel staff helped with every question we had about directions, late night pizza etc. People with small children need to keep them AWAY from the mouth of the waterslide, you can't stop yourself easily or, if you are half blind like me without my glasses,, seeing from two stories up is a challenge. There is a kiddy pool section, put them there. This is not a lap pool, don't go if you are expecting to exercise in the pool, cus it ain't happenin'. This pool exists to service the water slide only, . Gym was big. I wish I had had time for the sauna.. The room had a fridge which was nice.

Room Tip: As above, your toddlers in water wings will \NOT fare well in the main pool. Half the pool is there...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings from Dartmouth Trinity 1969! We were the first hotel to have a waterslide of this magnitude ( 108 feet ) in Nova Scotia... It has been making both the young and the " young at heart " smile since the day we opened! I appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at our property with the TripAdvisor community. Please know that I value your patronage very much and hope you return to Park Place Hotel & Conference Centre in the near future.

If I can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me offline. I hope you have a great Autumn!

Scott Davies,
Director of Operations, Park Place Hotel & Conference Centre, Ramada Plaza

Been to Ramada Plaza Dartmouth Park Place? Share your experiences!