You added Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   65 Cromarty Drive, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia B3B 0G2, Canada   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Dartmouth
Toronto
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed at this Hotel In Aug 2011 . It was amazing . room , Swimming pool , Breakfast , front desk ……everything was great .
My daughter enjoyed the water slide very much .
I highly recommend this hotel . I will return to this hotel if I go to Halifax .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we are pleased to hear that you had such a great experience! Our waterslide is a huge hit with our younger guests and we hope to see you and your family again when you're in the Halifax area.

Rick Norman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel on May 11th.
Hot and cold breakfast is included with your stay. The pool is a good size and the water slide doesn't fall in the pool so you are not getting splash and the young kids can enjoy the slide as well. Room are nice, clean and spacious. Walking distance to restaurant and outlet store. I will go back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience! We're delighted that you had such a pleasant stay at our hotel. We have a great location in the heart of Dartmouth Crossing and we're happy you enjoyed the convenience to restaurants, shops and entertainment.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Halifax, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I too stayed during this SEDMHA weekend, and my experience was nowhere near as pleasant as others have raved about here. My wife and two daughters decided to have a weekend at a hotel here locally. We picked this weekend as it was Easter and being away from our native home, Calgary, we figured we would just enjoy each others company in a hotel. We picked the Hampton from the great reviews here and experiences that some of my coworkers had. Upon check in we immediately realized that the hotel had been invaded by 6 or 7 hockey teams. The lobby was madness with running and screaming kids. They were everywhere. I'm all for kids having fun but this was a bit much. As we went to the elevator, the girls looked into the pool and it was packed with what seemed like 100 young boys. As we headed to our room, we had to walk through 2 games of mini sticks. One game was happening right outside our room. Parents were standing there with drinks watching them. I excused myself but the kids didn't miss a beat. They kept playing and shooting the ball around us. We went into the room and after 10 minutes I had to open the door and ask them to stop. That didn't rest well with them or the parents but they stopped. At this point I was concerned so I called the desk. the girl told me that she would send someone up. I asked if there was a room away from the teams and she told me that they were through out the hotel. She did tell me that there was a quiet time later. Okay then, we moved along. We went out to Supper at Boston Pizza and got back around 8 PM. Kids still running around. The girls and my wife decided to head to the pool. The girls were looking forward to the waterslide. I took my Ipad and went to the lobby to get a coffee and relax and read the newspapers from home. The coffee station was a complete mess. I didn't bother. When I turned to find a seat I was shocked to basically see a herd of drunk and obnoxious parents. To say they were swearing and drinking like sailors is an insult to sailors. This is a public space, how can you allow people to drink in your lobby so blatantly? I just headed back to the room. To my surprise, the girls were in the room. There were way too many boys in the pool and they were completely unsupervised. My girls were afraid to get in the pool. So I purchased a movie on my Ipad for the girls to watch. The noise and running in the halls went on and on. At 10 PM I called the desk and told the that we were soon heading to bed and we would like or the noise to stop. They did send up security but he did nothing, in fairness, there wasn't anything he could do. The kids ran and ran and ran until 2 AM and the obnoxious drunk parents stayed in the hallway until 3 swearing and laughing the whole time. It was awful. Breakfast was like a bunch of pigs using a troth. The hung over parents allowing their kids to abuse the buffet time and time again. The wasted food was pitiful. At this point we had enough. We went to the room, grabbed our stuff and went home. On check out I looked at the young girl behind the desk and told her I felt bad for her. she rolled her eyes and said, you don't know the half of it. I didn't complain because at the time, I didn't think i was the hotels fault. The more I think about it, it is all the hotels fault. If you insist on filling your hotel with this type of business, then I guess you don't want mine. I feel bad for the young staff that were working. The room was clean and the staff were good, too bad you can't control your guests.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Our sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your stay. We want to reassure you that this was an isolated incident and was not a typical Hampton Inn & Suites stay. We encourage you to contact us directly to discuss your stay in further detail.

We hope to welcome you back again for a true Hampton experience.

CANADA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed here because of the location and the fact that we have had good experience with the Hampton Inns. Our usual place in Halifax is the Westin. Our little one liked the pool and waterslide and the service was great as well as the friendliness of the staff.
My only area of dissatisfaction was the price of the room. We paid over $100 more for three nights compared to the Westin which in our opinion is top notch. When I realized we did not have a microwave or fridge in our room on the first night I asked for a room which did. Just to get this we had to pay an additional $30/night for the studio. We like nice accomodations but $525 for 3 nights is too much for what you get(and this was a Government rate).

Room Tip: Ask for prices changes before changing rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. We're pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed our waterslide and friendly, welcoming service.

Our apologies that you did not receive the value in which you expected during your stay. At the Hampton Inn & Suites, we include all amenities and do not charge for services such as parking, internet and breakfast. In addition, we are located in a convenient location great for shopping and entertainment.

We would encourage you to contact us directly so we discuss this in further detail.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We recently had a weekend away for one of my children's birthday's and we choose to stay at the Hampton Inn in Dartmouth Crossing. We had an awesome time as the kids loved the huge pool and waterslide and the staff were awesome and there to help us at every turn! The hotel is beautiful and the kids loved just hanging out in the great room with their friends and watching the big screen! Breakfast being provided was great and the food was really good and saved us a bunch of money! The rooms were extremely large and very nicely appointed with lots of room for all 4 of us without running into each other like most hotels. We had a pool party the next day and the hotel took care of everything and everyone raved about how beautiful the hotel was! I highly recommend staying at the Hampton in Dartmouth Crossing! I know we won't stay anywhere else on our next trip to Halifax! I have told everyone I know what a great experince we had and highly recommend the hotel! We also had a ton of options for eating as there are lots of restaurants within minutes of the hotel and we also went to a movie as the theatre is only steps away!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and Happy Belated Birthday to your little one! We are thrilled to hear that you had such a memorable experience at the Dartmouth Hampton. We take pride in what we offer and we're so happy you took the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Be well,
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great property to stay in. Close to restaurants and shopping. Very friendly staff and not just the front line people. Everyone seemed happy to work there.
Breakfast buffet in the morning was great.
We stayed with a 3 and 5 year old and they loved the pool and waterslide.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Our staff are passionate about their jobs and work hard to make sure every guest feels welcome when staying on property. We're pleased to hear that we were able to make your stay so enjoyable.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nova Scotia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel several times now, and our expriences have been very positive for the most part. The main reasons we stay here are for the location (close to the highway, great shopping nearby), and for the pool/waterslide (we have 3 kids 6 and under). Just be prepared for the fact that the pool area can sometimes be very crowded if there are teams staying at the hotel, or if there are birthday parties booked for that day. The included breakfast is great, and there are always lots of choices - our kids love the waffle station. We always stay in one of the suites (which is really just one large open room), and they are very spacious - lots of room to move around even with a pack 'n play in the room. Beds are comfy, rooms are always very clean, staff is very friendly. Would not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
AshleyNCH, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for writing a review on your visits to the Hampton Inn & Suites - We're pleased to hear you and your family enjoy staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Rick Norman

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Halifax - Dartmouth? Share your experiences!