“I plan on staying here again!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blockhouse Hill Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dartmouth
Blockhouse Hill Bed & Breakfast
You added Blockhouse Hill Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
62 Wentworth Street, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia B2Y 2T3, Canada (Dartmouth Centre)   |
Ranked #1 of 15 Dartmouth B&B and Inns
Franklin, Tennessee
“I plan on staying here again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I could tell by Fred's FM-radio DJ voice that he'd be a great story teller, much like a young Ronald Reagan. I was not wrong. Along with Marion's fabulous cooking, he made breakfast the best part of my day with inspirational, "get up and get going" encouragements like you'd hear from Mitt Romney. He has a depth of knowledge that his humility prevents him from flaunting, but it is betrayed by the shelf full of leather-bound, first edition books by Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. As we were saying goodbye, I couldn't help but think of the quote by that great American soldier, Barry Obama, or was it Douglas MacArthur, that said "I SHALL RETURN."
All kidding aside, this is a B&B that you don't want to miss. Great place, Great Value. Bob

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Madison
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I booked a night in late September, 2012 at the Blockhouse Hill B&B. We found this place by looking at B&B's near Halifax, NS, but I don't remember which web site. The owners are simply great. We talked to them on the phone from our home in Madison, WI, and received well written, easy to understand directions from the Halifax airport to their home it the mail a couple of weeks before our trip. The home is really nothing spactacular from the outside, but it proved to be very comfortable and welcoming. The breakfast was very good, made simply wonderful by the conversation with Fred and Marion. Fred is quite the character. If we ever have the chance to revisit their area, we will make it a point to stay with them, at least one night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Fred and Marion are the best hosts, friendly and take great care of their lovely home. They made our stay a wonderful one. Delicious breakfast, clean and comfortable bedrooms, walking distance to the Halifax ferry, would love to stay at here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Marion and Fred are very hospitable. We were met every morning with smile, stimulating conversation and great food. the beds were very comfortable and the rooms are spacious. We shared the bathroom but it was never an inconvience. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Leverkusen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This lovely B&B is run by Fred & Marion a wonderful couple that made me feel right like home, I arrived by bus from the airport and Fred picked me up at the bus stop. I stayed in the Alderney Room with beautiful old furniture and a very comfortable bed. There is a small lounge for the guests use with a hot water cattle for coffee and tea and some cookies are there as well. The breakfast Marion prepares is delicious every morning she prepared a different warm dish, home baked muffins, fresh fruit, yoghurts, juice, cereals, toast and butter and the best coffee I had in Atlantic Canada. There was so much food that it brought me right through to dinner. The place is just 5 Min, walk from the ferry terminal from where the ferry goes over to Halifax in about 12 Min. so it is a very good location for exploring Halifax the second options is to walk to the bus terminal (10 Min.) with plenty of busses running to downton every couple of minutes. Definitly a place to go back to.

Room Tip: They have 2 rooms that are both lovely.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This B&B was very clean and walking distance to the ferry and many restaurants. We were served a huge breakfast (gluten free for my husband) with fresh baking. It does have a shared bathroom but this was not a problem at all and it was very reasonably priced. It would be easy to hop on the ferry to go site seeing in Halifax. The hosts were so warm and welcoming - it was like you were visiting family

Room Tip: Both rooms are equally pleasant. They share a bathroom and a sitting room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I had the pleasure of visiting Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, in August and staying at the Blockhouse Bed and Breakfast. I was very pleased and more than satisfied both with the amenities offered to guests, and the hospitality that was extended by the vendor, Fred and Marion Evans. The room was most comfortable, private and quiet with a separate sitting room with television and fresh coffee available in the morning. Breakfast was a healthy offering of freshly made muffins, granola, fruit and juice. A hot entre was also offered. I look forward to my next trip to the area and dropping in for another visit with Mr. and Mrs. Evan. A wonderful expereince all round.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Blockhouse Hill Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!