“great stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   300 Esplanade, Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 1A7, Canada (Formerly Delta Sydney Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Sydney
Moncton, Canada
“great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Not sure about the poor reviews for this facility; received excellent service, many thanks to Cyril @ front desk who went above & beyond; room was spacious and clean, as was property overall. Didn't use restaurant but found pool & fitness facilities good. I'd recommend to anyone & stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: water view is great
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear flanalan,
Thank you for your review. It’s wonderful to hear you experienced our clean, comfortable rooms, pool and fitness facilities, not to mention the awesome customer service brought forth by Cyril. He’s truly a gem! I will be sure to pass on your great feedback to all departments. We hope to welcome you back in the future. Thanks again!

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
I don't care of nice rooms, wonderful view or brilliant restaurant if staff is so incompetent.

We had a serious problem, which can happen when traveling with kids. Checked out leaving all documents in the room, passports included.
When realized, rang the hotel three times before having an answer which was: "I don't know what I can do more than I did, double checked the room there's nothing". Asked, begged him to check once more, maybe under the sofa where my little one loves to hide things. Nothing to do.
Wrote an urgent e-mail, did not even have a reply!
Drove back to check ourselves. Were admitted to the room with a woman from the housekeeping, our documents were exactly where we asked them to look for... under the sofa!! Unbelievable, husband saw them as soon as entered the room, which was also made up and perfectly clean.
This is unthinkable, no courtesy, no help, no competence at all. Keep away of this place, you'll get mad if you need something from them

Dear sklaura,
Thank you for your review. We have a strict lost and found policy and it looks like we have failed you and would like to sincerely apologize. This review has been posted in our areas for all staff to review and our procedures have been looked at as well to ensure this does not happen again in the future. Thank you again for your feedback, as it is comments like these that help us improve our guest services.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Well, too bad Delta jumped ship here! They are cureently under renovations (advised when I booked), but no hot water in the morning!?!? Gotta be kidding me! Also, they better invest in thei fitness facilities, pittyfull!!
Rooms are not too bad... But hallway very noisy! Install door sweepers here guys!!

• Stayed January 2013
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Dear Daniel Bruce,
Thank you for your review. We are very excited about our current renovations! We will be welcoming a whole new lobby in February. Unfortunately, there was no hot water due to a local power outage in the city that had re-set our boilers for a few hours last week. Thank you again for your comments, we appreciate any suggestions for improvement.
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

The view is exceptional with harbour view and the staff are all pleasant and very helpful. I preferred it as a Delta as I am a business traveller and the pillows have been switched (downgraded in my opinion) - I know I'm picky!!. Also the amenities are not the quality I got to love. Very accomodating to booking a room and the rates are very reasonable. I would stay again, but have switched to Cambridge for business travel because when staying for a week, there are more conveniences - such as small store, breakfast buffet which speeds my leaving in the morning and staff are so helpful and quick to followup on any maintenance requests that may come up.

Room Tip: choose one with harbour view on any floor from 4 or up
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Mary S,

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you enjoyed the view from our rooms and our wonderful staff. We do have new standard pillows in our rooms with two soft pillows and two firm pillows per queen bed with a choice of four specialty pillows upon request. Our amenities have changed as well to the Bath & Body works line which is coconut and lime verbena shampoo, conditioner and lotion and citrus mint face and body soap. Thank you again for your comments and if you would like to stay with us again, let us know how we could help accommodate you better.

Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Arrived after 5 in the am after cancelled flights in Halifax and a long drive to Sydney. I have to say that the young lady who checked me in was simply amazing, I think she smiled the entire time I stood at the counter, she actually apologized for Air Canada....it is not often that you encounter someone as genuine as i did - I knew I was in Cape Breton for sure !! I thought I would have to check out right away at 11am and she was very accommodating and said no problem, sleep late and she would let housekeeping know not to disturn me - and she was true to her word.

I am only dissappointed that I can not remember her name. For the hotel the date was Dec 22nd at 5:00am, I hope she is noted for superior customer service skills !

Room Tip: The guest room was a queen suite with amazing views of Sydney Harbor !
Dear AlbertaTraveller67,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to accommodate you so you could catch up on a few extra z’s from your long day of travelling. I will certainly pass on your kind remarks to Sarah. Hope to see you again soon!

London Ont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days visiting family in the area. While we did not spend much time in the room, it was very well appointed. The cleaning staff were exceptionally helpful when my daughter was sick early one morning (uncontrolled) Bedding, carpet, and bathroom required some quick cleaning. Luckily we were leaving for the day but was offered to move rooms. We waited until our return to decide but the cleaning staff had done such a great job, no need to move. No smell, No wet carpets. We have stayed here a few times (not Holiday Inn) and I would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Tammy W,

Thank you for your review. I’m glad we could accommodate you during your stay in Sydney. It’s wonderful to hear that the housekeeping staff could meet your needs and did a great job as well. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the cleaning team. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town visiting!

texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Had a room on the 7th floor with very nice views including the world's largest fiddle.
The Lobby and other public areas, hallways, stairwells and the pool locker rooms are a bit musty and needed cleaning. But the rooms themselves were clean and smelt fresh. Toilet ran alnight, called late afternoon to have it fixed but never did. Also had trouble at first with the air conditioner not blowing much, called down and a nice young man came up to check it and even brought us a portable fan.
Only had breakfast in the restaurant and were pleased. The highlight of our stay though was a young man with an unusual name, Nymark. He seemed to be a jack of all trades he brought us the fan the night before and was our waiter for breakfast. He went above and beyond for us and other patrons making breakfast very enjoyable!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear cat2009Texas,

Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear you enjoyed your room and the great view of the Sydney Harbor and ‘The Fiddle’ from the 7th floor; however I’m sorry we didn’t get your toilet fixed promptly. We are excited to announce the next stage of renovations is the lobby area, starting in January! We are also very lucky to have such caring employees like Nymark. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to him as well as the food and beverage manager.

Manager, social media

Been to Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront? Share your experiences!