I understand that all experiences are different... but this stay was so awful, I had to share it.... as I solely count on Trip Advisor reviews when booking any stay!!
I was thrilled that this hotel would accept my 2 dogs, as I love to take them when I travel.... and the hotel staff seemed so delighted to have us all there! We were booked on the "Gold Floor (which included turn down service, bottled water and a hot breakfast delivered to your door). I figured this was a treat, as we recently relocated to Cape Breton from Vancouver, BC, and have not had a "get away" for a few months. When we arrived, check in went smoothly. My husband and I went up to view the room.
Firstly, we were not informed that the hotel was going through renovations. There was garbage and old carpet everywhere. It was a bit of a fire hazard. We carried down the hall to our room, with nails and debris along the corridor. When we entered our room, it was nice to see a desk, a comfy bed and 2 flat screen tv's, but the wallpaper was peeling from the walls, and the celing in the bathroom was literally falling apart, and it was very outdated (hense the renos). In the am, our pre-ordered breakfast was never brought to us (I was attending training at the hospital, and needed the breakfast by a certain time - that was requested on my form), our room didnt not have coffee, the toiletries were half filled, and the boxes were empty. I spoke with the front desk, who seemed less than concerned about the issues. When I called down to cancel my pre-ordered breakfast, I asked them if someone can bring up some coffee packets for the coffee maker, and the staff told me I had to contact the restaurant. I dont know about you, but when you are paying $149.00 a night for a hotel, you would think that the staff would accomodate you for something this simple?!
Upon check out, the staff did not even apologize for the missed breakfast, or acknowledged their disservice. I placed a call to the manager, to talk about the lack of hosiptable service, and she was less than concerned about the visit. This explains the staff reaction.
The manager informed me that she would contact me that evening or the next day to talk about a rate decrease... and it is now 2 days after the fact, with no phone call.
I am hoping that this story will alert folks to the unprofessional, discourtious service that is provided by the Cambridge Suites.
TRY THE DELTA!!!! And they also take pets!!
Thanks for listening!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with the freedom of more space, in the heart of downtown Sydney. Welcome to the unique experience of Cambridge Suites Hotel, where you enjoy the special added comfort and spaciousness of a suite without spending more than the price of a hotel room. Perfectly located in the heart of downtown Sydney, Nova Scotia, our suites provide an extra measure of comfort during business trips, a leisurely vacation or an extended stay. Check into something more comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and TravelClick so you can book your Cambridge Suites - Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Suites - Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Cambridge Hotel Sydney
- Cambridge Suites - Sydney Nova Scotia