“The best Bed & Breakfast:” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Charming Victorian Bed and Breakfast

A Charming Victorian Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sydney
A Charming Victorian Bed and Breakfast
You added A Charming Victorian Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
115 George Street, Sydney, Nova Scotia B1P 1H9, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 15 Sydney B&B and Inns
Oradell, New Jersey
“The best Bed & Breakfast:”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here for four nights in the beginning of June while we were touring Cape Breton. Ann and Alex Pilon are fantastic hosts who are very charming, hospitable & friendly. They made our visit and stay memorable. We stayed in the Lace Room which was spacious with a very comfortable queen-size bed and a large spotless modern bathroom. We enjoyed having excellent breakfasts with them every morning. The breakfast started with a variety of cereals, followed by a large selection of fruits and a choice of eggs, French Toast or Pancakes. Ann & Alex had a washer & dryer available for guest use and since they are very knowledgeable about the area, they recommended excellent nearby restaurants and sites to visit. We would definitely stay here. We have stayed in B&B’s from the Canadian Maritime Provinces to the Shenandoah and from Connecticut to the Finger Lakes and this B&B is the best we’ve ever stayed at.

If you are staying with Ann and Alex we also recommend that you visit the Fortress of Louisbourg and the Miner’s Museum in Glace Bay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Alex and Ann were absolutely fabulous, not only was their house beautiful and their beds comfy...they took care of me a ton plus one....a yummy breakfast to start my day and hot tea and banana bread to end it...plus great conversation....all I can say is thank-you thank-you thank-you!

See You Soon,

Della

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Trenton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

We arrived at this B&B in the rain after driving the Cabot Trail from Baddeck, NS. Our welcome at 'A Charming Victorian' was warm and helpful. We had tea and cakes before we even had our bags taken upstairs (thanks for that). Over tea, menus were produced for local restaurants and a reservation for dinner was made for us close by at a nice little place. Our room had everything .. comfortable bed, large digital TV with all the channels, and a huge fully equipped bathroom that looked brand new. Breakfast was very nice, and since there were no other guests that night except for us, our hosts joined us for some interesting local conversation. We would stay at this B&B again, and recommend it to others.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2011

I have stayed with Ann and Alex for several years now when visiting Sydney on business. Their B & B is immaculate and so welcoming. I appreciate that each room has its own private bathroom as well as a television, and the wireless internet access is great for helping me keep in contact with my office. They think of everything, with little extras like items in the bathroom that you may have forgotten at home. The rooms are beyond comfortable and the breakfasts are plentiful and fresh. Ann's skill in the kitchen is evident by the cookies and banana bread, and the care they take with providing a wide variety of fresh fruit, cereals, juices, yogurt and then the delicious hot breakfasts is the icing on the cake. I truly do feel as if I'm visiting old friends when I stay at their B & B and look forward to the day when I can return on a 'personal' visit and spend more time at this beautiful B & B with the most charming of hosts.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Thank you to Ann and Alex for a wonderful stay, and for taking my last minute reservation. Your house is beautiful and I felt very comfortable while there. The jacuzzi tub was just what my back needed after a 6-hour drive, and the nice cup of hot tea in the livingroom with some of your famous cookies and some great stories and conversation topped it all off. I felt like I was at home with friends. Breakfast was a real treat - all that fresh fruit, and I even got to choose how I wanted my eggs, toast and ham. You don't know how much that meant to me, because I can be a fussy eater. I will definately be back to see you again the next time I am in Sydney.

Room Tip: Every room was well appointed - they even have a room with two single beds if you are traveling with...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Stayed here for three nights while touring Cape Breton and it was wonderful. As soon as we walked in the door we were greeted by the gracious Alex and Ann who were so friendly and hospitable, we felt really welcome. We stayed in the Pearl Room with two comfortable twin beds and a large and clean bathroom. The breakfast started with large selection of fruits and included several cereal choices and a hot breakfast of your choice. We were a short walk to various restaurants and services so the location was great. Would stay here again without any hesitation, we didn't want to leave.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
St. Marys, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

You've got to visit this B&B! The second we walked through the door and met Alex and Ann they treated us like old friends. My wife was thrilled that they made the laundry facilities available at no extra cost, since we'd been on the road long enough to warrant a few loads. If you like sharing stories of travel, or any other topic for that matter, Alex and Ann will tell you things that will make your sides split from laughter. (Alex missed his calling, and should have been a standup comedian) The room was immaculate, and they insist on you leaving your shoes at the door to preserve that cleanliness. Slippers are provided and are washed after each guest is done with them. The breakfast is wonderful with not just a bowl of fruit to start, but dishes of individual freshly cut fruits layed out in front of you to choose from. Each day they put out bananas, apple slices, pear slices, pineapple, blueberries, strawberries, oranges, peaches, cherries, blackberries, and I may have missed some, but you get the idea. We enjoyed a variety of cereals, as well as yogurt after the fruit, and then there was a choice of your favourite hot dish to finish off. They both helped with directions to Fortress Louisburg, other sights, and restaurants, and made us feel right at home as we were continually offered another piece of Ann's banana bread. We were glad we spent two nights here. The last evening was spent with Alex out on their front porch sharing a beverage and chatting about everything. Their joy in their own company as well as ours was evident. Visit soon!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to A Charming Victorian Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!