“Ditto on everyone else” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Massachusetts
“Ditto on everyone else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The kind of place we would have liked to eat at several times, a new kind of dish for us, deliciousness!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kitchener
“All I can say is Wow!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We happened upon The Dancing Moose Cafe shearly by luck.

My family and I are vacationing along the East Coast of Canada. I booked places to stay for all our locations with the exception for the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton. We wanted to ensure that we got a place right by the ocean so we figured we would get there and check out the various places to stay right along the Ocean. We had done it before and never had a problem....this time, we were out of luck! Everything was booked.

We drove around thinking we would end up having to stay in our car for the night...but as we drove we came upon a sign at the Dancing Moose Cafe for ocean front cottages......we stopped. The Cafe was closed but the owner, Ton(owner of both the cafe and three cottages) lives on the premises and advised us that we were in luck....the gentleman who had reserved the largest of his 3 cottages had not shown up so if we wanted it it was ours for 2 nights.......the other two were already taken.

He took his behind the Cafe and at first glance I wasn't sure what we were getting in to but when Ton opened the door to the cottage we were all shocked! The cottage was amazing. The whole cottage is newly renovated and was spectacular. I am a very picky person and I have to say this place was perfect in every way. The ocean was literally steps from the ocean. We could see the ocean from the living room.

The cottage was clean and absolutely amazing! !!!!

There was room for 5 people...a rare find.

We went to the cafe for breakfast...my husband, son and myself ate Dutch pancakes. ..heavenly! My other son had Belgian waffles and really enjoyed it and my daughter had a yogurt, granola and fresh fruit breakfast. .she loved it.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming...and guess who the chef was?! Ton!!!! While he was busy cooking, he still had time to greet us and chat with us...super friendly person.

I absolutely loved every minute of our stay at the Dancing Moose Cafe.....

I would highly recommend The Dancing Moose Cafe and the cottages to anyone travelling along the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton.

“All I can say is WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We happened upon The Dancing Moose Cafe shearly by luck.

The cottage was clean and absolutely amazing! !!!!

There was room for 5 people...a rare find.

I absolutely loved every minute of our stay at the Dancing Moose Cafe.....

Essex, Vermont
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Dancing Moose Cafe provided a perfect breakfast experience on Cape Breton Island. My husband and I stayed in the ZzzzMoose Camping Cabins (owned and operated by the same family) located on the property, and found walking to the cafe from our cabin to be not only convenient, but also incredibly scenic, since the ocean is a stone's throw away. My husband tried the pannekoeken (Dutch pancakes), for which they are known, and I had the granola topped with fresh fruit. Both were delicious! It is true that there are limited dining options along the Cabot Trail, but even so -- this place is awesome! And, I have yet to find a place that offers a better selection of moose-themed gifts! :)

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Halifax, Canada
“Great Dutch Pancakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just stopped for the first time at The Dancing Moose on our many drives back and forth to Ingonish. I had the Dutch pancake and it was delicious as it was light and tasty. This will be a highlight when we have to leave early now

• Visited June 2014