“Who would go here?” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Antigonish, Canada
“Who would go here?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

This place is awful. I've eaten there enough to know better than to go back but some people around here swear by the place. The waitresses are good but they are pressured by the boss to get you fed and out the door asap. I wasn't even done my meal and my bill was in front of me and my cup of coffee was gone. The steaks are full of grizzle. The only thing this place has going for it is the onion rings and the apple pie Avoid this place it's brutal.

Halifax, Canada
“the fast food steak mcdonalds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Served super quick... all these guys are missing is a drive through... food is sometimes really good, sometimes not, but more about average. When your inner carnivore hits, its great that their are places like this! Keep it coming Webb family - you have a great business...

Visited June 2011
Westville Nova Scotia
“Food just like Mom's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

This restaurant is very homey. Nothing fancy at all, in fact there was a hole in the floor in the corner. The food was excellent and the service superb.

Advocate Harbour
“Great steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

My boyfriend and I used to travel alot to Cape Breton while I was in college and everytime we went through Antigonish and seen the signs leading up to Mother Webb's we wanted to stop in but we were always so busy we never got a chance. Until one night we were going through and we just couldn't resist anymore and I'm sooo glad we decided to stop! When we went in the staff were all very friendly and when our waitress came over to take our order we asked what her favorite was and she said "Mother's Best" so we ordered two, with gravy and onion rings. The onion rings have an awesome seasoning on them that I still can't figure out what exactly it is. And the steak ... sooo good! Cooked to perfection! I've been reading alot of reviews about the food being too salty, but I thought it was seasoned just right. And as far as value it's quite good if you ask me. I think it was around $18 for steak which came with fries, coleslaw, and a garlic bun. I had the exact same meal (minus the garlic bun) at Montana's Steak House and it was horrible AND it cost me $25! I could go on but all I'm going to say is if you have the chance to go ... GO!

• Visited December 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Whycocomagh, Canada
“The food is awesome and so is the service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

You do not have to wait long for your food at Mother's. It is a reasonably priced restaurant. The atmosphere is very laid back and comfortable....the steak is always awesome and the fish and chips are nice and crispy....highly recomend this place....FYI the only restaurant worth eating at until you get to Sydney if you are on the way to Cape Breton.

• Visited September 2011