“Want to keep this a secret” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antigonish Evergreen Inn

You added Antigonish Evergreen Inn to your Saves list
Antigonish Evergreen Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   295 Hawthorne Street | 401 Hwy 245, Antigonish, Nova Scotia B2G 1B9, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Antigonish
Cape Breton, NS,Canada
“Want to keep this a secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

An older property formerly run down a bit off the beaten path
BUT in the past 3-4 years.. completely re-modled and full upgrade. Rooms now have all mod cons clean, comfortable, and run as a small family business with personal care showing in the service and the property

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

Wasn't sure what to expect when we arrived at this place. Actually hadn't seen any reviews but found the price quite good and decided to book. When we opened the door to the room we squeeled with delight....a beautiful large room with an even better bathroom, that even beat out the bathroom in a large Halifax hotel we stayed at before....newspaper on the bed, chocolates on the desk. We were late getting there so the owner left us a nice personalized welcome letter, she even remembered why I was in town.
My husband liked it so much he announced he wanted to live there! Yes, the room was so nice it was like a small apartment with all you need, kitchenette with all the dishes, pots etc

The next morning at 6:30 my husband realized he had forgotten his razor.....I hesiantly called the front desk because the welcome note said they would be available throughout the night (owners house is behind the motel!)...Lynn answered with such enthusiasm and energy I immedialtly felt at ease....within five minutes there was a knock at my door and her smiling husband was standing there with the day's newspaper and a nice little razor on top. He looked so happy I forgot I was standing there in my striped pyjamas with a towel on my head.....that's how 'at home' you feel at this place!

Great experience and would recommend to anyone who wants to be treated like a king or queen and feel like they spent $ 400 instead of less than $ 100 for off season!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

We spent 9 days in Nova Scotia and Cape Breton and split our stays between motels and bed & breakfasts. The Antigonish Evergreen Inn was by far the best of the motels in which we stayed, beating even more expensive properties such as Hampton Inn. Sure, a Hampton Inn can offer more amenities and facilities, but it doesn't offer the friendliness and pleasant charm of the Evergreen. The room was spotless, outfitted with exactly the right amenities, comfortable and quiet. The full kitchen facilities were a nice surprise.
The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The morning we departed I asked the woman at the front desk (sorry, I've forgotten your name) for advice on a good route back to Halifax that would mostly avoid the primary highway. Her advice was excellent, and we ended up spending a pleasant afternoon in the town of Pictou on our way back to our return flight the next day.
If you are traveling the Trans-Canada 104, you'll have to get off the highway and travel a few kilometers through town and it's well worth it.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Antigonish, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

We had originally been staying in another hotel for our trip but decided to switch to this Inn based on it's great reviews. I was not disappointed, as a matter of fact, I was pleasantly surprised.

The rooms at this inn were very large and modern. I has large windows that make your room feel even bigger. The room had a kitchenette with a stove, microwave and fridge. It even had dishes!

The large bathroom was exactly what I needed. There was an iron and a hairdryer and also quality bathroom amenities.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. I had a great nights rest here.

The owners were also very friendly and helpful. The had a continental breakfast available in the mornings which was great because we were always on the run. The paper each morning also was a great touch. And I shouldn't forget about the chocolate mints in the room. Everyone needs a little chocolate :)

I have recommended this Inn to anyone planning to stay in Antigonish. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
kyoto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

I came with my friends stay 3days in antigonish evergreen inn.i had so great breakfast.my friends are agree with me about it.
how wuonderful views.i's was so fresh.
i want go again

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Midland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

We are from Ontario and this is our third stay at the Evergreen Inn in Antigonish. Located on the edge of Antigonish overlooking a valley with great scenery. Each time we have stayed for a full month. The location is very quiet yet ideal to attend St. Francis Xavier University. The rooms are spacious and spotless. The service is second to none, and the value cannot not be matched in terms of what you get including free wireless internet and local calls. Bill and Lynne are gracious hosts. We will be back in 2010. We would highly recommend this accommodation to anyone!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2009

What a fantastic little place. I'm sure glad that we used Trip Advisor and trusted the experiences of other travelers. The front desk staff made us feel welcome and comfortable, very much at ease. They were friendly and helpful and there were lots of extra little touches that impressed me. Comfortable and clean, nice view from our window. Great value too. Nice, simple continental breakfast in the morning. If you're going to Antigonish stay here!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Antigonish Evergreen Inn? Share your experiences!