“Felt at home at Homeward Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Homeward Inns of Canada
41 James Street, Antigonish, Nova Scotia B2G 1R6, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 6 hotels in Antigonish
Dartmouth, Canada
“Felt at home at Homeward Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here with some friends recently to attend games at St. FX. Great location, very close to the university, and restaurants. It isn't fancy, but is clean, convenient, comfortable, and reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Kingston, Ont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My son and I stayed here for one night while touring St FX. We arrived at 9:00pm without a reservation and were given an upgraded room at no extra charge. The lady who checked us in was super friendly and helpful. The room was large and very clean. It was a room facing the main street and it was very quiet. The bathroom was large and very clean as well. This hotel is not in the village but right off the highway. It is, however, only a 5 min walk from the university. Tim's is next door. Also, they offer a free breakfast coupon at a restaurant just a couple of doors down, "where the locals eat". It was a good breakfast and the people there very friendly. This hotel did not come up on Expedia.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Antigonish, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed here December 28, 2011.. Came back for school after christmas, was locked out of my house so landed at the hotel, 2nd to none staff, they help me get straightened away, great rooms, very clean, nice cozy spot to stay with an unbelievable location. Enjoyed my experience and recommend it to anyone who comes to Antigonish and is looking for a place to call home away from home for a weekend.

Room Tip: "Nice quiet hotel, great services around the hotel"
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Not only does this establishment have the friendliest, most accommodating staff I've ever encountered. The room was warm and inviting and the over all ambiance reminded me of home. I love it here and always recommend it to family and friends, by far the best and most affordable place to stay in Antigonish! I've stayed here 3 times and will do so everytime I need a play to sleep in this beautiful city!

Room Tip: Any room is fabulous, i also enjoyed the accessible parking spaces just beside the rooms.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed here from October 4-12, 2011, an emergency visit to an ill daughter at university. Hotel is excellently located, complimentary breakfast is a bonus and staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Only problems encountered were annoyances like room key would stick in lock and could not open door (finally had to go get a new one), requested a fridge which was not delivered until I had to make repeat requests, corner room is not great because parking outside door is difficult/non existant if other vehicles are already there. Major problem encountered during stay was on numerous days the internet was not working and waited all day for repairman to arrive; had an ill daughter with me from the university and she could not get any work done, we were told we could use McDonald's next door but she was bedridden so was that not possible; a huge annoyance/difficulty when using hotel computer, particularly when I tried to book my return flight home (not working), trying to communicate by email to family back home (no internet connection again), then again internet failed another day so I could not book my seat selection online before my flight, very frustrating! Somewhat disappointed at checkout when asked about my stay, I mentioned the extreme inconvenience both to myself and my daughter of internet failing numerous times; man on front desk agreed but I was not offered a complimentary night or two on a return visit for this extreme inconvenience particulary after having paid almost $1,000 for my 8 night stay!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the street/parking lot, more convenient access to restaurants
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Brier Island, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

My husband,son and I stayed here the weekend of the 6th of Jan. 2012.We arrived to a cold room with no fridge,the room was still cold after spending 2hrs in a cold rink.Was told after we complained that one of the heaters wasn't hooked up and offered more blankets.-12 outside!! One our last night there the toilet overflowed and flooded the bathroom! I didn't want to spend all weekend running to the front desk to complain which I rarely have to do!! You would think after all this a discount would have been offered!! NOT!! Room 117

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
HomewardInnsofCanada, General Manager at Homeward Inns of Canada, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
We would like to thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at the Homeward Inns of Canada. I apologize our Guest rooms did not meet your expectations. As per our hotel policy stated at the front desk and in all of our Guest rooms, we are committed to 100 % guest satisfaction. Please contact me via our website or toll free number to receive a full refund for your stay with us.
Riverview, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed here in late September while visiting our son at STFX. The room was large, beds confortable and everything was nice and clean. The fridge in the room is handy. The location is perfect...close to the campus...lots of options for food very handy...and an easy walk to the dowtown. We would definitly stay here again and would recommend this property.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Homeward Inns of Canada? Share your experiences!