“Best B&B I have stayed in in years and I travel a lot.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Queen Anne Inn

You added Queen Anne Inn to your Saves list
Queen Anne Inn
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   494 St. George Street, Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia B0S 1A0, Canada   |
Mahone Bay, Canada
“Best B&B I have stayed in in years and I travel a lot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Queen Ann many times both in the main house and coach house. The coach house 2 story rooms are great for travel with friends or family and you have your own little deck overlooking the garden, The main house rooms are elegant. No matter where you stay the inn keepers make you feel not only welcome but special. The building itself is worth going for as it is spectacular and the breakfasts and dinners served in the gracious dining room are worthy of the surroundings. If you are going to Annapolis Royal book in to the Queen Anne both the town and the inn are a treat for the senses.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Gracious hosts and room. We also ate dinner there as they offer a la carte dinners most evenings and we didn't feel like going out again. I couldn't recommend Julie and Greg more highly for great meals or a spacious comfortable room. We were on the second floor, king bed.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed there 2 nights at this very elegant Victorian house.
Beautiful , authentic furniture, quite peaceful rooms .
Greg and Julie warm hospitality make you feel at home.
Nice location in the lovely town of Annapolis.
I would love to stay there again in the near future

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wallington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I had such a lovely stay here and the rooms are gorgeous and the service excellent. I was treated so kindly was made to feel at home as soon as I entered the building. The breakfast was heavenly and I came on an evening where there no guests (this changed for the next two days) and had such a lovely chat with Greg and Julie. They were so friendly and helpful and I could see they made all the guests feel so at home. The place is first class and I would have no hesitation in recommending the place.

Room Tip: I saw two rooms and I would have thought all the rooms aew beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed 2 nights as guests (and you really feel like welcome guests) at the Queen Anne, a beautiful Victorian house restored to its former glory inside and out. All of the rooms are sumptuous, from the ash and mahogany varnished floors in the sitting rooms to the 4 poster beds and luxury bathrooms (check their website for specific details of each room).

For breakfast, hosts Greg and Julie serve you imaginative dishes cooked to order (such as a delicious apple and brie omelette).

The location is excellent too, across the street from the Historic Gardens and 10 minutes walk to Fort Anne and the wharf.

We can't wait to return to this amazing hotel and beautiful town.

• Stayed May 2013
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in September 2012 for three days. We were in the cottage out back and had several suppers in the main house. Hosts could not have been nicer. Everything was first class. Great location, short walk to town. I was biking, my wife and her friend were golfing on our trip throughout NS. We all found what we wanted in this area. Good biking on paved roads with little traffic. Could start several rides right from the Inn. Annapolis has a lot of history and is very picturesque. There is a farmers' market on Sat. you can walk to. Once you drive up to this place, you know you have picked the right place to stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Fergus, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

In late fall 2011, my husband and I were in Nova Scotia for a week to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We had circled this as a place we wanted to stay. Upon arrival, they warmly welcomed us, and asked us to pick any room we wanted as there was only 1 other guest, and within a couple of days they would be closing. We loved it here, and Greg then offered to prepare dinner, which we happily accepted as not many restaurants still open in late season. Our scallop dinner was amazing, and he made the most delicious fruit meringue we ever ate. Lovely place, very comfortable and very welcoming by owners.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Queen Anne Inn? Share your experiences!