I want to be as fair as possible in this review - some things hotels can have control over and other things they cannot. A truly great hotel makes an effort to make things right for all guests. If you have read any of my other reviews I have given many 4 and 5 stars - not this time.
The short version is be wary of staying at this hotel on the weekend. This hotel caters to youth hockey teams and their party hard hockey parents. The evening was filled with boys hockey teams running up and down the halls, slamming doors, yelling and generally being annoying. I was young once so mostly okay with this but expected it to stop at some point. It didn't. Their parents were not parenting - they were mostly getting very drunk and loud with room doors open. And yes the kids just kept running around the halls well after midnight.
Can you blame a hotel for bad parenting? No of course not but hotels need to look out for all their paying guests.
Calls to the front desk were met with indifference. There was a security guard but he was ineffective.
The partying stopped around 2:00am. There was also a party outside our window and sadly yes somebody vomitted on the sidewalk - the hotel can not be blamed for that - the fact that it was not cleaned up the next morning says more.
If you do stay at this hotel do not stay on the bottom floor - it is the "pet friendly" floor and smelled musty and stale. We kept the room door open for a while when we checked in to try and air the room out.
My room was small and very dated and just did not look or feel clean.
The Sunday Brunch was good although over priced. The omellette station had freshly roasted ham for the omelettes - a very nice touch! My supper meal was disorganized and very slow and I did not get what I ordered.
Old Orchard was the place to stay in the "Valley" at one time - but I cannot recommend it after my stay.
- Also Known As:
- Old Orchard Inn And Spa
- Old Orchard Hotel Wolfville
- Old Orchard Hotel
- Old Orchard Inn & Spa Wolfville, Nova Scotia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Property centrally located in the Beautiful Annapolis Valley surrounded by Orchards, Tides and Wineries. 100 well-appointed A/C rooms and FREE internet (mixture of Kings, Queens and Doubles with 2 barrier-free) and 29 seasonal cabins. Spectacular views. Dining room, lounge. indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, fitness room, sundeck, tennis; scenic walks. Full service Spa; business services; reception & conference facilities. Bay of Fundy Recommended Experience. 5 km to shopping, golf and major attractions like Grand Pre National Historic Park and Hall's Harbour fishing Village and world's highest tides. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Old Orchard Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.