“Classy, delicious and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European, Continental, Bistro
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Charlotte Lane Cafe & Gift Shop.Best Small Restaurant in Nova Scotia Award from RANS 2013, Best Restaurant Chef Inspired Casual Dining by Taste of NS 2011, Best Restaurant outside of HRM by Chronical Herald. Follow the fabulous aromas down our quaint little lane in the historic district of Shelburne, Nova Scotia, step inside our heritage building and enjoy the warm hospitality and fine dining. Our restaurant offers innovative dishes and fine wines presented with attentive service in a cheerful setting. Since opening in 1995 we have attracted loyal and appreciative clients from near and far, and we invite you to join this happy circle.
Liverpool, Canada
“Classy, delicious and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I used to live in Shelburne and always took visitors or just went with a friend to Charlotte Lane Cafe as much as I could. It is not too big, you get personal care and the food is delicious. My 2 personal favourites are Camembert Chicken in wine sauce, and seafood casserole, and any of their salads and deserts. Even my 4 year old grandson from Vancouver asked to see the Chef, Roland to tell him how excellent his Roshti was. I recommend it to anyone going through Shelburne or make a special trip. The gift shp is well stocked as well.

• Visited December 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Steak an Crepe review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We arrived on time for our 7 pm reservation and headed in toward the back where the restaurant is. A waitress promptly approached and told us to wait in the gift shop until they were ready for us. OK ...seemed a little strange until I realized the size of the restaurant ( it's quiet small). We waited only matter of minutes before we were taken to our table.
There was a large group of about 12 people at one table and to other tables had couples. The waitress was friendly and took our wine order. The selection has a nice variety with reasonable prices we ordered one of the local Nova Scotia wines and I already had my entree picked out the King George a filet steak with lobster tail. My GF ordered the seafood crepe oops. I didn't have time toe nation the bad review that selection received from another patron and besides I put it down to a fussy review. Well it wasn't! The crepe never showed up! It was a small dish covered in cheese. Apparently to much cheese according to my GF and no crepe in sight. She couldn't eat it all and she is far from a fussy person when it comes to eating.
She didn't want to complain but really couldn't eat any of her meal and wanted to settle for the veggies only. So I called the waitress over to explain to the short comings of the dish. She retrieved a menu and brought it over to the table showing us the item on the menu. Yea we know what the menu says the problem is the with the meal not the menu. I tried to help but again GF didn't want to complain about the quality of meal. The waitress disappeared and return with the news that they would offer her another meal or a free dessert. She chose the dessert option. Overall I think the restaurant is excellent based on my meal which was probably the best steak I've had in a restaurant in a long time.
It's unfortunate the seafood crepe was so disappointing because I really enjoyed the evening.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“An unexpected Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I was not prepared for the dinner we had at Charlotte Lane. It was the best meal I have had since Chives. It is obvious that the chef takes pride in each serving of each course. Presentation was lovely, the food prepared to perfection and the paired wines were marvelous. All at a very reasonable price. We were here off-season and I understand reservations are required during high times. A fine way to cap-off any visit to Shelburne.

Get the sticky toffee pudding - even a butterscotch hater like me loved it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
toronto
“Great Lunch specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Excellent Food, Excellent service and Excellent atmosphere. The Lunch specials in particular are a great deal. You can tell the owners and staff take a lot of pride in this little place.

• Visited May 2013
Bear River N.S
“Best App's EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Shelburne at The Cooper's Inn and the owner recommended that we eat dinner at Charlotte Lane Café. The atmosphere is cozy and romantic and as soon as you walk in the gift shop the smell from the restaurant were delicious!
I crave the appitizers we ordered often and will definitely go back to Shelburne next summer just to go to Charlottes Lane.
We had the Mesclun Salad (with caramelized garlic, spicy walnuts and sun-dried apricots) and Eggplant Picatta. My husband LOVED the eggplant as much as I did, which surprised me. I've also googled and made carmalized garlic at home because it was that good!!
I LOVE THIS PLACE AND WISH IT WERE closer! If you have a chance to go you should!! Make a reservation though!!

• Visited August 2013