“nice people and nice room.” 4 of 5 stars

260 Water Street, Shelburne, Nova Scotia B0T 1W0, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shelburne
Certificate of Excellence 2014
caribbean
“nice people and nice room.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

In driving around Nova Scotia we found everyone over the top friendly and MacKenzie's was the same. We had the best room upstairs with a full kitchen, electric fireplace, large bathroom all done in pine! WOnderful.

Room Tip: Upstairs suite!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Canfield Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

From the time we arrived till we left we we treated like royality. The cottage was spotless and fully equipped. We saved money on eating out because of the lovely kitchen facilities. The continental breakfast was awesome and hit the spot every morning. The entire staff were very friendly and caring. The location was excellent for many of our day trips, centrally located so you can have the time of your life all around Nova Scotia and then return to your cottage for a swim, or use the barbacue provided. These people know how to make sure you have a memorable stay. They set up the boat tour and made sure we got on the right one so our little boy could do some fishing on board. This was the best holiday we have ever had and planning to return next year.When we arrived and saw how lovely the cottage was we stayed even longer than we were suppose to. THE CUTLER FAMILY FROM ONTARIO

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Spent a year working across the province and driving to different towns from Halifax. Out of all the hotels, motels, inns, and B&B's this stop was my favorite. The owners are great people and very friendly and helpful with finding food. Out of the 4 seperate times I stayed there I was in the upstairs room 3 times and one of the cottages once. The upstairs room was very comfy and large, with a HUGE bathroom. The cottage had satellite, flat screen TV, 2 bedrooms, a great bathroom, a small deck overlooking a pond and kitchen. It was never a problem checking in later (after 9). The breakfast was good each morning and checkout was a snap. From someone who traveled for a living this place was my favorite! Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Great little motel, I want to come again. Sad I didn't bring a swim suit, next time I will not forget. We stayed in room #11, it's a great room with patio doors to the pool. The whirlpool tub is great, big enough for two ;-). This room is on the road, but the traffic at night is very minimal. After 10 or 11 didn't hear a car. The cottages are nice too, but I love this room the best.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

In May '12 my Dad and I were sailing into Shelbourne, and we ran our sloop into something i like to call "The physical manifestation of the great back of the ocean floor." We lost the keel, our vessel sank, we were rescued, and the RCMP took us to Mackenzie's to dry out. There are few friendlier places than Shelbourne, even the baby duck outside our cottage made an effort to be our friends! We had a great breakfast in the main house complete with our own copy of the local paper The Shelbourne Coastguard, which had an article on the sinking of Paper Moon... unforgettable! Be sure to check with the owner as to the current rules on fishing too, when we were there you could catch five cod per person per day... it's been a long time since that's been legal! If you're looking for the real Atlantic Canada experience, you've come to the right place. I'll be going back to Mackenzie's, taking a GPS, and snorkeling the spot we sank. I'm sure there's a granite boulder with red paint on it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages is a very pleasant place to stay. The staff provides a clean and comfortable experience as well as a great conversation at breakfast which was included. As a business traveler, I found the facility to be equipped with reliable and fast wifi. I plan to bring my family here in the summer to stay a day or two, swim in the pool and enjoy the beautiful, historic sites of Shelburne.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed at MacKenzies on and off for the better part of a month while working in Shelburne. I stayed in both the upstairs suite and the yellow cottage. Both were beautiful! The upstairs suite had a amazing jacuzzi tub and full kitchen. The yellow cottage definitely seemed to be the newest, had tons of space, a deck that looked right on it's own little pond and again a full kitchen and great bathroom.
Jim and Sandra were wonderful hosts and even introduced me to my first taste of moose. I would definitely say this is the place to stay in Shelburne! I'm already planning on going back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mackenzie's Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!