“Good fish. But not $40 a plate good” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Toronto, Canada
“Good fish. But not $40 a plate good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

About 25 seats, one cook, one waitress. The service is fine, if a bit brusque. The fish is yummy, the atmosphere is interesting, though subdued, but at the end of the day $95 bucks for a plate of pickerel, a plateof char and two beers is just too much. Guess I paid for the experience. Once only.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Funky and expensive but the fish was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We were taken here for lunch by a local. We were a group of 16, and the place is tiny and as my title indicates funky. We squeezed in filling all the tables not already occupied, and the bar too. There were only three choices, Arctic Char $39.95, a cod at $21.95 and I believe a whitefish at 29.95. I'm not positive about the last. Considering that we all came in together, without reservations, it had to tax the staff. Still we were served as quickly as one could imagine and the Arctic char I had was fantastic. A vending machine was a help yourself thing for drinks, unless you wanted a beer and they had to give that to you from the same refrigerated unit. I wanted a darker beer and had a Scottish Ale for $10 though the price was unknown at the time I chose it. Total it up. Yep, $50 for lunch for one. (Slightly more in US $ due to the exchange rate. If you want a look inside go to Bullocks Bistro Yellowknife on Youtube where someone has posted a video.

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“some of the best fish you will ever have”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

this restaurant makes you feel like you are in the bush and is not very fancy but I have had some of the tastiest pickerel and whitefish here - the chips and salad is great and we even got to sit on the patio -

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Canada
“Pay alot for unbelievably bad service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

As an "iconic" restaurant in YK, I have tried to enjoy myself at this restaurant a few times. It seems as if they are relying on a reputation from yesteryear. The menu is extremely overpriced and the service is worthy of a Candid Camera episode. So bad. Just today colleagues took clients there for a scheduled lunch only to be told "I dont care what we told you on the phone, we aren't serving food right now". I won't go back and I won't encourage my customers to either.

• Visited July 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best fish in Yellowknife”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Not the cleanest or best food handling practices (the cook serves up salad with the hands that just placed steak on the grill - no washing seen!) but definitely the best fish we had in Yellowknife. The atmosphere was entertaining - small town rough neck bar with occasionally serve yourself beer from the fridge. It was exactly what i pictured from the reviews on TripAdvisor. Not worth missing!! Best tartar sauce found to date too!