“Highly recommend you try this Bed and Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embleton House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yellowknife
Embleton House Bed and Breakfast
You added Embleton House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
5203 52-St, Yellowknife, Northwest Territories X1A 1T8, Canada   |
Ranked #6 of 18 Yellowknife B&B and Inns
Rainbow Lake, AB, Canada
“Highly recommend you try this Bed and Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Small appearance from the outside is very deceiving. The rooms in the B&B are spacious and bright. They are remarkably clean and quiet. The suites have a kitchenette, a large jet tub, fireplace, sky-light, a computer and their own seperate bathroom. They are beautifully decorated.
Embelton is right down town so you have easy access to everything you could possibly want and the hosts can tell you the sites to check out.
We went for a quick weekend getaway but definitely could have stayed much longer and would return to this B&B should we go back to Yellowknife. It is priced similarly to a hotel room but has so much more to offer.
Cannot recomment this B&B enough.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Playa Coronado, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

My mom and I went to Yellowknife to celebrate my 50th birthday. Our hostess, Faith, knew it was my birthday and had a birthday bouquet in the room and a card for me. It was a really lovely gesture and just a hint of a shadow of a glimmer of the other delights in store for us. If you tend to avoid b&bs, give this one a try. The rooms have separate entrances and fully stocked kitchenettes, so you can have a private breakfast at your leisure. The rooms are extremely well-insulated and we were comfortable in shorts and tees. Our room was spotless, comfortable, nicely furnished and decorated with paintings by Faith (she's a surprising woman with many talents). The house is unassuming from the outside, but once you're inside, you're transported to a magical spot in this charming town. Faith and Ken run the b&b, and seem to do it all. My mom and I went to Yellowknife in hopes of seeing northern lights. We asked Faith and Ken to call us anytime during the night if they spotted them (yes, they are visible from the street). One night seemed particularly promising, and since they were going to Ice Road for a look, they invited us. We saw displays of ghostly, shimmering green lights.

My mom and I have stayed at lots of b&bs and have fond memories of most of them, but what was particularly striking about Ken and Faith as hosts, is their sense of wonder and enjoyment of the beauty and nature around them, and appreciating it anew with their guests.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

I usually stay in hotels when I travel. As my purpose in going to Yellowknife was to pick cranberries I needed a place with a freezer. I had heard that Embleton House was good and decided to try it.
The proprietors were super friendly and helpful. The price per night was reasonable. It was also quite a bit cheaper than any hotel.
The B+B was spotless. The bedrooms weren't gigantic but big enough for one or two. There was a kitchen area with a table/chairs/TV/internet. You cooked your own breakfast. All items were placed in the fridge daily. You cleaned up after yourself. There was also a small living room area.
I can only speak for the one/two person area but I know there were larger suites available.
There was a deck/patio and BBQ area available for use to renters.
I very much enjoyed my stay. I would highly reccommend it.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Hay River
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2005

The Embleton House B&B is fantastic. We stayed in the Sunrise room, which has a lovely in-room tub and fireplace. There is high-speed internet access in the room as well.

The hostess Faith is very nice and takes care of each and every detail. The B&B is extremely clean, with beautiful decor.

I have stayed in a number of B&Bs but was surprised that one of the nicest ones was in Yellowknife. I will never stay in another hotel in YK again as long as there is space at Embleton house.

Stayed November 2005
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2005

Tripadvisor reviews steered us to stay in a B&B in Yellowknife rather than a hotel. Thank goodness we did. Although we did not go into any of the hotels, they appeared to be sterile boxes with tiny windows.

We sometimes shy away from a b&b, preferring the anonymity of a hotel, but realized we would benefit from a local's recommendations in a town such as Yellowknife. Our hosts, Ken & Faith, provided us with a full schedule of the Caribou Carnival and friendly hospitality. We were in one of the new rooms that had a kitchenette, tv, dvd, and computer. The frig was stuffed with a great assortment of foods for breakfast. We had a separate entry too. The b&b was located a couple of blocks from the main street and four blocks from Frame Lake.

We shared coffee one night with Ken and Faith and learned so much about life in this unique area.

Been to Embleton House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!