“Amazing Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ryan Mansion Boutique Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in St. John's
Ryan Mansion Boutique Hotel
You added Ryan Mansion Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
21 Rennies Mill Road, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador A1C 3P9, Canada   |
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in St. John's
Redmond, WA
“Amazing Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Our stay at the Ryan Mansion was amazing. The house is beautiful, very historic and well maintained. Our room was very spacious and the kids loved the tv over the bathtub. The staff was outgoing and very friendly, and breakfast was delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting St. John's.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

I highly recommend staying at Ryan Mansion when in St. John's. The inn is within walking distance of downtown shops, bars, restaurants, and other sites, yet enough removed to provide a most peaceful and relaxing stay. The people at Ryan Mansion are helpful, friendly, and make you feel very welcome indeed. The rooms are wonderfully appointed with free WIFI. You are treated to wonderful breakfasts and endless pots of tea any time of day. The Spa within the inn is one of the best we have tried.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

I have been staying at the Ryan Mansion for the past few nights and have enjoyed my stay beyond my expectations. Comfortable beds with linens to die for and a beautifully decorated room explains part of the reason this place is a five star inn. Rooms were tediously cleaned and freshened twice daily. Breakfasts served were very tastefully prepared and served in the grand dining room that is truely fit for royality.

I also visited the Spa that is part of the Boutique Hotel. The spa is awesome! The experience was truely spiritual and I felt I had THE BEST MASSAGE I HAVE EVER! Cheryl was the massage therapist who performed a hot stone treatment that had me relaxed days afterwards. The sensation and the products used were awesome. My two day stay had me so relaxed I felt like I had been on vacation for week. Next day was a facial performed by Barbie and again THE BEST FACIAL I EVER HAD. Hot lemon tea, foot massage, beautiful music, beautifully scented products made all five senses come alive!
I will be back and I cannot wait!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Flin Flon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

It reminds me of the old TV series "Upstairs Downstairs". We get to be the upstairs guests and have the run of the house, including a well stocked library on the lower level. History abounds in this place. Prince Charles & Camilla stayed here and recommend it. What else can I say?

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

I was to spend a week in Newfoundland on business and flew in/out of St. John's and decided to spent the first and last night at Ryan Mansion. What a great decision! My wife joined me on the trip as it would take us to parts of the province we had not previously visited. We were warmly welcomed on arrival and treated very well on both stays with attentive service and excellent breakfasts. The location made walking a viable alternative for evening dining and provided good exercise as well. The Mansion has a host of hidden treasures including the library in the basement where we enjoyed a relaxed glass of wine and coffee.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

-Gorgeous rooms
-Warm, attentive service
-Delicious food
-Very good value for the money
-They have a library!
-Beautiful bathrooms
-Very tastefully decorated

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Gander NL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

In the merchant's offices of Newfoundland past, the desks were built on a high platform, so that workers appearing before them were lower, or less, than the affluent merchant even as he sat at his desk.

At Ryan's Mansion, the guest is elevated to the level of the affluent, dare I say, Royal, by the elegance and attention to detail.

Our three night stay was started with an unexpected upgrade to the Romance Suite and profuse apologies as they were decorating for the Christmas Season. We saw boxes of decorations and several women working in various rooms as we worked our way to our room. By the morning, mantels and trees were festive and welcoming and no sign of the team of elves who worked their magic!

Breakfasts in the dining room were accompanied by beautiful Newfoundland guitar instrumentals from the Sandy Morris cd and each table featured teacups of fresh blossoms....in November. Full breakfasts featured fruits, juices, homemade muffins, vegetable frittata, coffee and two different variations on poached eggs including a lovely Benedict on our stay in bed-Sunday morning's breakfast trays to our room. Our server, Rosalie was lovely and attentive. I'll miss her tomorrow when reality sets in!

The romance suite featured a separate room with a double whirlpool set in an alcove window. Completed with remote controls for the flat screen tv and electric fireplace and featuring a lovely chaise lounge this turned our weekend into a retreat. The bathroom featured a marble walk in shower in a lovely, large bathroom. The bedroom had a period fireplace and mantel, flat screen, desk, table, leather wingback chairs and the highest 4 poster bed we've ever encountered.

There were photos of Prince Charles and Camilla's visit to the Mansion, as well as Princess Margaret mixed with beautiful local original oil paintings, sculptures and Titanic memoriablia. The art work by Grant Boland is breathaking, particularly the large portrait in the dining room.

The Mansion (I love that word) is located near downtown in a lovely historic area. I strolled past the Basilica to the Rooms Museum and Art Galleries for an afternoon and we walked downtown for dinner and shopping. We had parking on site and cab fares from the 'entertainment district' (yes, George and Water Streets) was less than $6.

Although out of our everyday price range, this will be a treat again someday when we have 3 or 4 days to enjoy all that is offered by this lovely premises and it's staff. I look forward to the completion of their spa and recommend this as our best place to stay in St. John's if you can afford to splurge.

The two steps up, you wonder? the lovely stepping stool required to reach the top of that gorgeous queen sized bed! Well worth the climb.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Ryan Mansion Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!