“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Get Stuffed

Get Stuffed
Duckworth Street, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada (Downtown)
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 313 Restaurants in St. John's
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
St. John's, Canada
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We've been here before and it is one of our favorites in St. John's. It is really a "must try" restaurant. It is small so reservations are suggested. The menu is varied enough to satisfy all tastes. Entrees come in regular and a larger "get stuffed" size for the larger appetite. Sides are to be ordered separately. Highly recommended for you to try is the pasta and cheese side; mmmm mmmm gooey good! Comfort food at its best!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Winnipeg, Canada
“You gotta eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

First, I don't usually recommend restaurants this highly, but seriously, this is such an interesting restaurant that you don't want to miss. To the church pew bench to the pulpit as you walk in, this place has some charm. From the moment I sat down (as a lone diner), the staff made me hungry telling me about their specials. I knew I wouldn't be able to eat them all, but I tried.

I started with scallops, which I didn't intend on ordering but they sounded so good. They were grilled the way scallops were meant to be eaten. The crispy wontons with the dipping sauce was a great combination of sweet and salty. Who needs complementary bread when you have these! Of course, I had to try the cod and was not disappointed. I have to admit that the smashed root veggies as a side dish were my favourite. I'm not sure what was in them, but they were the right combination and I think if this was all I had, I would have left satisfied. I had the corn and mushrooms side (alright but didn't match up with my meal) which was my fault and not the one recommended by the staff. Listen to their suggestions.

I couldn't eat it all, so just had another glass of wine and enjoyed my evening. If I'm ever back in St. John's, I'll make it a point to come back.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Must eat restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I've been here probably a half dozen times in the last 3 years. Delicious, good staff on hand, and for the quality of the meal - very well priced. The only thing I would recommend is go with people you don't mind sharing with...everyone should order something different and kind of have a pot luck. I've had some things here that weren't good but not terrible either.

Some restaurants in the area, after you pay the bill you think 'it was good but was it X amount of $ good?'. I can honestly say every time I've been here its been a good experience.

One bad thing comes to mind, the beer selection is a little bland.

• Visited December 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Friendly little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Went here for supper with some friends, and enjoyed the wonderful cozy atmosphere of this restaurant. Servers were very friendly and service was quick. Their cod dishes are well executed, and the dishes here are amenable for sharing among a group. Dishes come in a regular portion size or a "get stuffed" large size for those with insatiable appetites. Worth a try.

• Visited January 2014
“Awesome Cod”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Ate here for lunch with a group of co-workers. We didn't have an appetizer but had the pan fried cod with lemon drawn butter (on the side). The concept of ordering sides separately was different but the upside is that I split with someone who ordered something different...we had grilled vedg (ok) and sweet potato fries (very good). The cod was delicious, very moist and served on a bed of dressing but thank goodness I had the drawn butter on the side, it was way too lemony and would have ruined the cod. Seating was a bit quirky with everyone on the inside sharing a bench (for the whole side of the restaurant) and the music was a little loud. I would def. go back however and try something different but the next time for dinner.

• Visited December 2013