“Acceptable, But Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #118 of 313 Restaurants in St. John's
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
St. Catharines, Canada
“Acceptable, But Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I went here with friends since they had a Groupon available a while back. First off, I'll say that if it weren't for the Groupon, I probably wouldn't have gone; I'm just not a big fan of restaurants in hotels. And unless I get another Groupon, I probably won't be back.
Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with the food or the service (I was actually a big fan of the fact that they can text you when your table is ready), but there wasn't anything special enough to bring me back.
I had fish & chips, and garlic bread with cheese to start. The garlic bread was ok, but I've had far better at other restaurants in the city. The fish was the good, but again, I've had better elsewhere in the city. The fries were the main downfall of the meal. They were soggy, limp and mostly tasteless. Luckilly, they could be salvaged with a lot of ketchup.
Like I said, it was good enough, but not enough to pull me back without another Groupon or other discount.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Newfoundland
“Decent food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This restaurant is consistently good and rarely busy. The service is quick and prices reasonable. I keep going back for all those reasons. Lots of selection on the menu.

Visited January 2013
St. John's, NL
“Much better than Montana's or Swiss Chalet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went for supper one Friday night. We both had the ribs with sides. It was tasty, the service was great and the prices very reasonable. A great place to go when you want comfort food and a quiet dinner.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. John's, Canada
“Great view and decent food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very nice view especially if you can get a seat by the window. Parking is available in the underground garage of the hotel but its tight in there. I had fish and chips and it was decent. Everyone at my table enjoyed their food so I would go back.

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent menu selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

Visited this restaurant in a group of 6. Service was fast, friendly and server was very efficient and attentive to our needs.

Very good menu selection and plenty of parking.

Our group ordered the personal pizza, 3 orders of the skillet fried Cod, a club sandwich and a chicken salad. All the food arrived at the same time, as ordered and not a single complaint between the entire group.

Decor is dated but that kind of adds a certain level of rustic look to it.

• Visited August 2012