This inn (hotel) came highly recommended by a fellow motorcyclist. We travelled to St John's for the HOG rally. We stayed in a room that faced the courtyard that was sheltered from the street. We were able to park our Harley's outside our door to keep an eye on them. First I want to say that this inn is one of the most affordable and yet classy in St John's. I am so glad that we took the advice of "Harley B" and changed our reservation to this establishment. The staff were friendly. The room was clean, the beds comfortable, the bathroom neat/clean and it had plenty of towels. Our room had a frig which was perfect. With motorcycles being "weather permitting" at times - we enjoyed a number of meals at the pub instead of riding in the rain. The pub was excellent. They had a seafood linguini that my husband raved about. The food prices were very reasonable and nightly specials highly recommended. It also has close promixity to the University. It was quiet and in a central location. I thought it had a lot of charm - and would stay there again without hesitation. In fact when the Newfoundland Harley Group announces their next rally my husband and I will be coming back to this much enjoyed hotel/inn. Friendly staff. Good parking. Comfy beds. Good value for your money. Clean rooms - need I say more!
- Also Known As:
- Guv`Nor Inn & Pub Hotel St. John`s
- Guv`Nor Inn & Pub Hotel
- Guv`Nor Inn And Pub
- The Guv'Nor Inn Newfoundland, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We’ve been expecting you! The Guv'nor Inn celebrates rich English tradition with our Old-world inspired property in St. John's, NL. Stay with us and experience our distinctive character and our award-winning presentation. We proudly offer 37 guest rooms with a considerate array of abundant amenities - Wi Fi, Refrigerators, Microwaves, Iron/Ironing Boards, Hair Dryers, Personal Coffee, 32" flat screen TVs, Drive-Up accommodations, A/C, duvets, Luxury Suite with fireplace & Jacuzzi and on-site Guv'nor Pub and Eatery. Our Guv’nor Pub & Eatery provides an ideal setting for all occasions and a marvelous feast for every palate. Find your preferred pint on tap, enthusiastic service and a delightful English ambiance. The Guv'nor is known for its local fare such as moose burgers and cod tongues. Looking to put some ‘wow factor’ behind your next business or social gathering? Make your next booking at the Guv’nor Function Rooms. The stately ambiance of The Study and Drawing Room provides the perfect balance of comfort and etiquette. The Guv'nor is centrally situated near Memorial University of Newfoundland, the Health Science Centre, Arts and Culture Center, the Confederation Building and historic downtown St. John’s (a short $10 taxi fare). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Guv'nor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.