“Pricey and unique” 5 of 5 stars
Review of ONE11 Chophouse

ONE11 Chophouse
5 Beck's Cove | Muray Premises, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador A1C-6H1, Canada
+1 709-738-1011
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 289 Restaurants in St. John's
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Pricey and unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

If you want fine dining in St. John's, try this place. Located in the Murray Premises Hotel, this pricey steak chophouse has some of the most unique tastes you will experience. The service in the 2 times I went was fabulous, and the chefs were very detailed in their presentation and care of the dishes. Between courses they brought small little samplers of things the chefs had made. It made a 2 course meal feel like a 5 course meal. Yes, their steak prices are very high, but guaranteed the steak is cooked perfectly. If steak isn't your thing, there are many other things on the menu to satisfy your tastebuds. I recommend the Baked Oysters and the Scallop appetizer. Delicious.

Visited March 2014
Scott P, Manager at ONE11 Chophouse, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
We're so glad you enjoyed your dining experiences with us. We do indeed take care to offer only top notch food and service and we hope you'll dine with us again when you are in the city!

St John's
“Great food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Food was superb, service was excellent! Best selection of steaks in the city. Great atmosphere. Look forward to going back!

Scott P, Manager at ONE11 Chophouse, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your review! We pride ourselves on having the best steaks in the province, and we look forward to serving you again!
St. John's, Canada
“Food and service excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I have visited this restaurant twice, once just with my wife, once with my wife, stepdaughter, and stepdaughter's partner. The partner, a marine engineer, is the greatest steak lover I know. He was satisfied, both with the flavour of his steak, its quantity, and its texture and presentation.
My filet was excellent. The wife and stepdaughter also enjoyed their meat - pork for my wife, lamb (I think) for my stepdaughter.

Her partner and I enjoyed some Rioja, which went well with our steaks; I do think that this restaurant needs to work a little on their wine list.

The service was very nice, and the waiters made a little bit of a fuss over my wife, which she really appreciated. If you keep my wife happy, then you keep ME happy.

The One11 Chophouse is expensive but it is by no means the most expensive restaurant in St. John's, and the value is good. They age their own beef, and their top-of-the-line steak begins at $100! My own filet cost more like $30, which was reasonable.

This is a very nice restaurant with a pleasant easy ambiance. It is in my view second to Raymond's, but it is not so expensive as Raymond's, nor is it as formal. For myself I like formal dining but my wife prefers the easy congeniality of the One11 Chophouse.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scott P, Manager at ONE11 Chophouse, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you've enjoyed your experieces at ONE11 and we hope you continue to dine with us! We are always looking to improve and expand our wine list given the space we have available, and our sommolier is always looking to add unique and interesting selections. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with my visit to this restaurant. Everything was perfect. Fine dining at its best. Service was friendly and food was excellent. Will be back soon.

Visited April 2014
Scott P, Manager at ONE11 Chophouse, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Thanks for the great review! We're glad you enjoyed your first experience, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!
St. John's
“My new favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have been here 3 times since they opened. The meat is amazing! I've tried the tenderloin, tomahawk (shared between two) and the bone in ribeye. All delicious. You can't get meat of this quality anywhere else in the City. In addition, the French onion soup is the best I've ever had and the desserts are fantastic. The carrot cake is my favorite!

This is easily my new favorite restaurant and I can't wait to go back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Scott P, Manager at ONE11 Chophouse, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hi Krista. Thank you for your review, we're so happy that we are your new favourite restaurant! We do indeed take pride in serving top quality beef at ONE11, and we hope you will continue your patronage!