“Beautiful Hotel and Awesome Service! :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown to your Saves list
Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   222 LeMarchant Road, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador A1C 2H9, Canada (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #11 of 20 hotels in St. John's
Newfoundland
“Beautiful Hotel and Awesome Service! :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my parents (*who had a medical appointment, and, as such, we got a reduced rate) - we were on the first floor. The basement does have a little musty smell, but not bad. The room was spotless - you could have eaten off the toilet seat! Two beds, one double, one queen (lots of pillows and very comfortable), kitchenette with all the amenities you could want. What was most impressive was the modern colors and the lovely art work! The front desk staff were fabulous and check-in was a breeze. There was a continental breakfast in the morning (coffee, tea, cereal, toast, cinnamon buns, etc.). Overall, a great experience! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about our newly renovated hotel. I am proud of our team for providing you with such great customer service. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

While the location was acceptable, the service was courteous, and the facility was clean, I would never stay here again. The amount of noise in our room was unbelievable and made getting a good night's sleep impossible. All night, every night, we could hear people (staff? other guests?) walking and pacing above us, complete with a creaky floorboard. Several times we were startled awake by sudden loud noises (items being dropped on the floor above us?). To add to this, the door to the hallway was too thin and sounds from other guests moving about easily entered our room.

The last straw was the toilet - it dripped constantly, and the tank refilled (loudly) at least three times an hour. We asked the staff to attend to the issue the first night we were there, but nothing was done.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I stayed here and had a stellar experience. The beds were excellent and I slept better than I had in a LONG time. The rooms were spotless; the A/C was cold; the location was walking distance to what you need; and the staff was amazing. Regarding the staff- a very valuable bag of mine was left in a taxi, and I was frantic about losing it. The staff very calmly called around to all the taxi companies, found out who had it, and the driver brought it back. Tragedy averted. The staff here is friendly and knowledgeable and they made the whole trip a lot better than I had expected. I would definitely stay here again. Oh, and the free breakfast saves a bunch of money when it comes to feeding a family.

Room Tip: My family stayed in various rooms on different floors, and we all had the same great experience.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Chris - It is so rewarding to read that you had a pleasant stay with us. I am so glad that you and your family truly enjoyed your clean room and found the beds to be so comfortable. As well, I am pleased that you liked our hotel's location and that our staff was so helpful, especially when your bag was left in a taxi. I am very proud of our team for providing such excellent service.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Mullica Hill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My wife and 2 children just returned home from a vacation to St, John's. The hotel was conveniently located near the downtown area, the staff were courteous and helpful, and our room was impeccably clean. We enjoyed the free continental breakfast in the morning too. I would suggest this hotel to anyone wanting to visit St. John's!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Paul - It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am proud of our team for keeping our hotel so clean and for providing you with such friendly service. As well, it is great to read that you liked our breakfast.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Most comfortable bed. I sleep on latex foam at home and this pillow top was as comfortable. I was a little disappointed that there was not a separate bedroom and living room like in Ottawa. But still we got far more than similar priced hotels. Laundry room was very clean. A bit too far to walk to downtown or a restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Janet - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our pillow top mattresses and had such a great sleep. As well, I am glad that you liked our onsite laundry facilities and that you found them to be so clean.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I spent slightly more than half of the last two years as a guest at the Extended Stay hotel. My work took me to St. John's for periods of three weeks at a time. The hotel has done some upgrades during that period and improved the comfort of the rooms and furniture. The location is OK and if you have to walk, you can reach the city centre in a few minutes.

The real strength of the establishment is it's staff. They are friendly and helpful, and will go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. They are always ready to help and willing to solve any problem quickly. I would recommend this location to anyone looking for reliable long term accommodation where you can expect peace and quiet. The units have cooking facilities.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
South River, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My friend and I were looking for a place to say for the night that was close to downtown and within our price range. I had never heard of this hotel before so I was a bit skeptical but I'm so glad we decided to stay here. The rooms were clean and very comfortable also I was very impressed by the fact that they came with a fully equipped kitchen. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was greeted and asked how my day was going every time I walked through the door.
The weekend before I stayed at the Delta and i payed four times as much for a room that was no where near as comfortable as the one I slept in at this hotel.
This has become my new place to stay in St. John's and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to stay in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such a wonderful things about all we have to offer at Extended Stay Canada St. John's.

I am proud of our team for the customer service they provide all of our guests. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Extended Stay Canada - St. John's - Downtown? Share your experiences!