“Mud wrap is a must” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 34 Activities in St. John's
More attraction details
Owner description: Monastery Spa & Suites honours the trinity of body, mind and spirit. Awaken your essence with deluxe treatments in a peaceful, tastefully renovated heritage monastery just moments from downtown St. John's. Come for the day or extend your visit in one of our luxurious suites featuring a two person air-massage tub, relaxing fireplace and all natural Aveda amenities.
20 attraction reviews
“Mud wrap is a must”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had the earth essentials package. The mid wrap was amazing. The attention to detail, the shower bar, and the atmosphere is something I highly recommend. It came with a hot stone message - the foot portion was great, but the rest was okay. The last portion of the package was a shampoo and blow dry, which was too rough and fast for me. I would recommend the wrap for sure, the rest you could pass on.

Visited August 2013

ottawa
3 attraction reviews
“Lovely.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is the third spa I have tried out in St. John's and has been far and away the best. The building is beautiful. Their pricing is reasonable. Lisa was the best esthetician I've ever had.

Subsequently I was happy to learn this is a multi-generational family business. Can't wait to bring my mom the next time she visits.

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
21 attraction reviews
“Good treatment and service, facilities so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I had a good massage here, the masseur was professional and did well. I also hoped to use the pools which would have been great after the treatment but they were closed for some mechanical reasons.
The lockerroom was ok, needed some more towells and soaps, nothing too fancy. The gym was pretty low end and just cardio. If the pools were open Im sure it would have been a more well rounded experience.

Visited July 2013
“Over-priced and lacks pofessionalism”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

During our pedicures the young girls chatted amongst themselves about upcoming plans, their work schedules, etc. The peace and serenity was just not there... or professionalism for that matter. On another occasion, I was attending and paid for an hour massage, only to receive 50 mins. ( and I was 15 minutes early, as they requested ). For their pricing and perceived reputation, customers expect the FULL time and attention.

Visited March 2013
St. John's, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My friend and I went for a pedicure expecting a luxurious pampering. I have been here before and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. NOT this time. Alarm bells should have sounded when I called to get an appointment and was asked if I wanted to come in today. Yikes! Now I know why it was so easy to get in.

Traetment by staff was indifferent. I asked if we should choose our polish while we were waiting. The girl on the desk said no, there were samples inside to sit down and wait. When the attendants came out to get us they asked "Have you chosen your polish yet?" and then waited impatiently for us to select one without giving us enough time to do so. As soon as I picked one up I was hurried inside. I objected that I wasn't sure which one I wanted. I was told to choose inside. There was one set of painted samples for all four women in the salon and they were not passed around.
The pediiicure was uncomfortable with no questions as to your comfort and short, surly answers to questions. The girls ignored their clients and talked among themselves as if we were no there. Complaints about the heat and working were common.
My pedicure was poorly done. Nails were not properly cleaned and trimming was ragged and uneven. My friends nailpolish was not evenly applied ot even all the way to the edge of her toes. We both still need a pedicure.

In short this was the worst pedicure that I have ever had. The charge was almost $100.00 before tip .

Obviously, I will not be going back.

Visited May 2013