“Not that great!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hillview Terrace Suites

Hillview Terrace Suites
You added Hillview Terrace Suites to your Saves list
Hillview Terrace Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Wadland Cresent | Building 4A, Suite 202, St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador A1A 2J5, Canada   |
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in St. John's
Stephenville, Canada
“Not that great!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment for 4 nights in June. The smell of mildew and mold in the entire apartment was awful, the bathroom was the worst. We had to purchase deodorizer spray in order to be able to stay in the apartment. It was hot and there is no air conditioning. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: No restaurant and no pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
East Broughton, Quebec
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We had no trouble checking in. I had forgotten to note that the reception was in building 4, so we went around in circles for a few minutes, but a staff member, who was outside, quickly set us in the right direction! The staff was friendly and we were settled in, in no time. With a fully-stocked kitchen in the unit and a few basic items purchased close by, we were able to prepare our breakfasts there in our pyjamas, which was a nice relaxing way to start the day!. We had requested a 2-bedroom unit on the upper floor so we had no one overhead and enjoyed an unobstructed view of Signal Hill. The accommodations were clean and sufficient for our short stay. It had a nice cozy feeling with the separate rooms, the living room and the eat-in kitchen. For anyone there for a longer period of time there is a good amount of storage space available. A standing fan was provided and much appreciated the day we arrived. It was a hot day and the curtains had been left open. By closing the curtains during the day when we were out, that wasn't a problem for the rest of the stay. Our unit had it's own hot water heater, and I assume the others do as well, so there was no problem for having enough hot water for the shower. If you are looking for an economical, no-frills place to stay, I would suggest this location.

Room Tip: We were in building 6, apartment 401, which was on the side of the building away from traffic on Tor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
New Brunswick
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a 3 bedroom apartment. The apartment was dated and could use a fresh coat of paint or two. The worst part of my stay was the fact they didn't have WiFi. The 3 of us had to share one internet connection which was a pain in the you know. The walls are paper thin and you can hear your roommates or neighbors clear as day.

Room Tip: Apartments or Suites that do not face Torbay Rd are the best so you don't hear the traffic and t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lethbridge, Newfoundland, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was by far the worst experience I have ever had! I have never had so much trouble trying to check in to hotel before in my life! The lady was rude and impossible to deal with!! We spent over 2 hours trying to get checked in! I would not recommend this place to anyone!! Go somewhere with a more friendly staff!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I love staying here! A home away from home! My husband and I stay here with our two boys. When we come into town we usually stay for a couple of nights and we don't feel cramped like in a one room hotel. We don't have to worry about waking them with the tv and so on as they have their own room. The walls are a bit thin but overall people that stay here are very considerate of their neighbours. Staff is wonderful and the cleanliness is not bad. Location is good too. all in all I will continue to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013
Marystown, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I happened to find Hillview Terrace almost by accident as I had not made a reservation in advance of my trip to St. Johns. When I arrived in the city not much was available. I found a room at Hillview Terrace Suites and was all too hospitably helped by a young gentleman by the name of Jeffrey. He was the initial reason I have returned many times to this establishment. This young man is so well suited to his job, so professional, courteous and helpful I cannot picture a better career field for him to flourish in! If excellent customer service is what you are looking for, you will definitely find it at Hillview Terrace, especially if Jeffrey is any way associated with your stay!

I must also add I have found this hotel to be much better than previously stated in other comments I have read on here. We all have bad experiences no matter where we go, it happens. I suggest you give Hillview a chance, you'll never know if you dont try !

Keep up the great work Jeffrey, and to management you definitely owe this young man a pat on the back! He represent your hotel superbly!!

Room Tip: Book the deluxe or executive suites, to get the best experience
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

On several occasions I've booked at Hillview for one or two week stays and I always come satisfied. For value and service you can't go wrong. Only once did we have a minor maintenance problem and it was dealt with almost immediately. I have no problem recommending this establishment to fellow travels.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Hillview Terrace Suites? Share your experiences!