“Surprisingly Good” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Surprisingly Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Tried this new restaurant which has same ownership as Cellar. The last several times I ate at Cellar had very disappointing evenings considering it was once probably St John's best restaurants. Decided to try The Chop House, expecting it to be same old Cellar with new name. Very pleasant surprise. Entire evening was excellent. Attentive servers and excellent food. For those diners who like me were turned off from the previous establishment I encourage you to give this place a try.

Visited April 2013

“Nice food. Good wine. Excellent service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

The chandelier came from the titanic said our waiter. Too funny. Nice beers and wine here. Sommelier is a fun and knowledgable person with a lot of stamina. Night after night he is out there. I enjoyed the lobster bisque. I'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. John's, Canada
“It was good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went on a night where there were only five or six tables, but only one waiter was working. He said the bartender and another waiter had called in sick. So, I'm going to forgive the so-so service. The food we ordered was good. Nothing spectacular or out of the ordinary. My husband had the salmon special and said it was a good flavor but was overcooked. I had a petite filet dinner came with a salad, veggies (brussel sprouts), mushrooms, and french fries. I really enjoyed it, and the steak was cooked just how I like it. The cherry tart was just ok, a little dry.

• Visited March 2013