We chose this B&B as we loved the name and unlike many B&Bs it had a room with 2 single beds. We made a great choice! Janet and Garry are the new owners and are so welcoming, friendly, helpful and even stayed up late for our arrival.
The turn of the century charm is well maintained in this clean and comfy house. The beds are really comfortable with soft duvets and each room has its own bathroom and TV.
The breakfasts were awesome and Janet even made gluten free pancakes and muffins for us. There was tea and coffee available anytime and even muffins, yoghourt etc for a snack.
It was so good to come in after walking and settling down on the comfy sofa with a cup of tea and a book - just like home!
It is in a perfect location - walking distance to everything - Signal Hill, downtown and all the points of interest. We rented a car and Janet and Garry gave us suggestions as to good places to see on our travels and a parking permit so that we could park outside the door ( and elsewhere in town)
I would highly recommend this as a #1 place to stay with reasonable rates
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1890, At Wit’s Inn captures the elegance of the Victorian Era. It has been restored to preserve many original features including ornate fireplaces, decorative moldings, hardwood floors and tall ceilings. Located in the heart of historic downtown St. John’s, only minutes walk to shopping, restaurants, and historic sights, it has spacious rooms with en-suite bathrooms, comfortable beds with feather bolsters and cable TV. Rates include a delicious breakfast, free wireless internet and parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your At Wit's Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At Wit`s Hotel St. John`s
- At Wit's Inn Newfoundland, Canada