“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 305 Restaurants in St. John's
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Great local and Irish fare with great service. Live music nightly featuring the best of Newfounland folk and Irish musicians. Owned by D'Arcy Broderick, formerly of Irish Descendents and Fables bands.
Conception Bay South, Newfoundland, Canada
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Snacks, music, atmosphere and courteous staff. Very pleasant way to spend an afternoon or evening. Wonderful Irish and Newfoundland music.

Visited July 2012

St. John's, Canada
“average pub grub”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very popular spot so go early if you are doing the happy hour run. Food is your average pub grub. Good music but little seating and it gets crowded quick.

Visited September 2012
Nipawin
“Great entertainment.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We had a good pub supper and great entertainment at this friendly pub on Water Street. It is easy to find and apparently has entertainment every night. We tried the starter platter for two, which had many tasty bits and bites, although perhaps a bit low on the veggies for some tastes!!!

Visited September 2012
“Do not start a tab at the bar!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

They either tried to scam me, or made 3 mistakes on my bill. I made the mistake of leaving my credit card behind the bar so my date and I could get drinks on my tab. I went to the bar to close my tab, and they had added 3 extra drinks to my bill which we did not order.

After arguing with 2 different people, they adjusted my bill , incorrectly.

When we finally sorted it out, we decided that we would never go back.

Thanks for nothing, shamrock city. Just my experience, but I thought I should share it.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Moncton, Canada
“Lots of Irish music”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

When we arrived in St. John's, we were told by the hotel staff that Shamrock City Pub was the most Irish experience we could have. My husband is a big fan of Irish Pubs, so off we went.

No live music was playing, but it was mid-afternoon...they did have cd's playing though. The food and drinks were ok.

As were from out of town, we quizzed our waiter on where Quidi Vidi beer was made. He response was "I dunno know". Unfortunately, that was his response to almost everything.

It was a nice spot, but the staff wasn't the best.

Visited August 2012